• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bhagavad Gita is highly practical and undoubtably accurate in its teachings.

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
Bhagavad Gita or the Word of God is the only scripture that has given me any real knowledge so far.

I've been a Christian, a Hindu, an atheist, Wiccan, etc... And out of all the scriptures I've read, I've loved the Gita.
Even more than the Vedas and the Dharmapada and definitely more than the Quran and the Bible.

I imagine which aspect of it is in question by people?
(I can't make anyone see the Vishvaroopa myself though :p )
Is it a false book? An impractical scripture? Or the yogas here are not meant for all?

Jivaatma

Servants of Maha Vishnu
I agree of this post... Many of the christians and muslims in my opinion are not aware of the bhagawad Gita in today's world. Christians fight muslims and muslims fight christians but both are backing away from knowing pure knowledge that is in form of Veda, may be mainly due to it requiring a lot of analysis and basics to begin with.

The Vedas are eternal and self-existing. The Mimamsakas uphold the theory of self-validity (,svatah-pramanya) of knowledge with a view to establish the validity of the Vedas. According to the theory of svatah-pramanya, all knowledge is valid by itself. It is not-validated by any other knowledge. The validity of knowledge arises from those causes from which knowledge arises. The Mimamsakas advocate svatah-pramanyavada both in respect of origin (utpatti) and ascertainment (jriapti) of knowledge. The validity of knowledge arises together with the knowledge itself. The validity of knowledge and knowledge of that validity arise together with the knowledge. Validity, therefore, is not due to any external condition and it does not require any verification for it by anything else.

BG is essence of Veda

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
I agree of this post... Many of the christians and muslims in my opinion are not aware of the bhagawad Gita in today's world. Christians fight muslims and muslims fight christians but both are backing away from knowing pure knowledge that is in form of Veda, may be mainly due to it requiring a lot of analysis and basics to begin with.

The Vedas are eternal and self-existing. The Mimamsakas uphold the theory of self-validity (,svatah-pramanya) of knowledge with a view to establish the validity of the Vedas. According to the theory of svatah-pramanya, all knowledge is valid by itself. It is not-validated by any other knowledge. The validity of knowledge arises from those causes from which knowledge arises. The Mimamsakas advocate svatah-pramanyavada both in respect of origin (utpatti) and ascertainment (jriapti) of knowledge. The validity of knowledge arises together with the knowledge itself. The validity of knowledge and knowledge of that validity arise together with the knowledge. Validity, therefore, is not due to any external condition and it does not require any verification for it by anything else.

BG is essence of Veda

I think I need Simeone experienced to understand the Vedas. I found them quite hard, contradictory and the English is very flowery.
I was a Hindu who left Hinduism to take Christianity only to leave it and become attached to the bhagavad gita. :)
And also my favorite religion Buddhism and Taoism.
Still, let's see if anyone still finds it inaccurate in its teachings

1AOA1

I've been a Christian, a Hindu, an atheist, Wiccan, etc... And out of all the scriptures I've read, I've loved the Gita.
The question of whether you went through different religions or instead viewed different books belonging to one religion would have to be determined by first the definition of religion being used by your lifestyle. If the definition is based on ethnicity you can have multiple physical ethnic qualities and select which is to be labeled Christian, Hindu, or Muslim religion. Then with those multiple religions you can have "the books of Hinduism and the books of Christianity," can ask "why don't all religions agree? Which religion is the right one? Why don't you believe in Hindu texts [verse from Hindu text] but in Christianity? Which are the best and worst religions?" or can say "I've been in Christianity, Hinduism, and Islam."

Is it a false book? An impractical scripture? Or the yogas here are not meant for all?
Is it from God? That's the fundamental question.

Kapalika

Premium Member
Namaste.

Of course the Bhagavad Gita is superior to the Christian Bible. A lot of things are!

It is also very accurate as you say, I find it quite an enjoyable read myself. My only qualm is that many take parts of it to mean that Krishna is equal to Brahman/Universe instead of just a face of it. Brahman may of manifested as Krishna, but many deities are equal representations of the Universe/God/Brahman... whatever you want to call it.

I think my favorite passage is when Krishna is describing various ideals, and saying what one can do if they find themselves unable to accomplish the more difficult ones. It's very realistic in addressing that not everyone has the same abilities and some may need to start smaller.

In other religions like Christianity you are evil for deviating the slightest (and it's designed so that everyone does) and there is only one single ideal that if you fail, you deserve *eternal* torment. Even in Hindu sects that have hell realms, it is temporary and so is infinitely more merciful and just than any eternal hell, seeing as eternal torment is infinitely more over-reactive than any large yet finite time. I also feel that at least in that view too, it's for purification where as the Christian hell is for punishment and vengeance which itself is a form of destructive attachment.

Anyways back on point, yes I would say that the Gita is very accurate. I don't know if I would say the 'best' text though. That is different for every person. It's the best for whatever person finds it the most useful over other texts.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I can't make anyone see the Vishvaroopa myself though :p
Any one who follows 'advaita', sees the Vishwaroopa everywhere, immediately. :) See the Vishwaroopa here:

300px-Crab_Nebula.jpg
300px-NASA-SNR0519690-ChandraXRayObservatory-20150122.jpg

Kelly of the Phoenix

I only know that after reading a paraphrased translation, I cried, it was so beautiful. I felt as though my heart had been purified, that "someone finally got it". I feel like the bible is a clumsy attempt to state the beauty noted in the Gita. There are plenty of cool stories in the bible, the Quran is fun to listen to in Arabic (though I don't speak it, it does flow well and is quite musical), but only the Gita made the light in my heart shine brighter. It's a thoroughly enjoyable read.

Meander_Z

I think I need Simeone experienced to understand the Vedas. I found them quite hard, contradictory and the English is very flowery.
I was a Hindu who left Hinduism to take Christianity only to leave it and become attached to the bhagavad gita. :)
And also my favorite religion Buddhism and Taoism.
Still, let's see if anyone still finds it inaccurate in its teachings
I had a very similar experience, not necessarily contradictory but hard to follow. I think at least a portion of the problem was the translation I was reading. I picked up a different copy at one point that had a comprehensive commentary and that one seemed much easier to follow. Unfortunately, it wasn't a book that I owned, and did not make a note of who had done the translation and commentary. Having a good translation can make a huge difference!

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
Bhagavad Gita or the Word of God is the only scripture that has given me any real knowledge so far.

Even more than the Vedas and the Dharmapada and definitely more than the Quran and the Bible.

I imagine which aspect of it is in question by people?
(I can't make anyone see the Vishvaroopa myself though :p )

Bhagavad Gita is the most beautiful holy book.
But the world is much uglier.

The rawness of Christianity just seems more real to my experience.
Do good for others, and they crucify you,
they then make excuses based on jealousy and fear
to justify this moral weakness.

Kelly of the Phoenix

The Bible just seems, to me, to be written by a lot of people who need antidepressants most of the time. They blow things waaaaay out of proportion and hardly ever take responsibility. I mean, that's why I like the bible too, but there's a difference between wanting to avoid whitewashing stuff and just sounding paranoid and delusional.