• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best truck commercial I've ever seen. Its how things should be.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Best truck commercial I've ever seen. It isn't about race, its about caring and helping others. Bravo to Dodge on this one.

That's great, but what did it take to get to this point?
I think that America is moving in the right direction, ever so slowly, although the pace is picking up.
There are many good people who want to see change.

We Never Know

No Slack
I think that America is moving in the right direction, ever so slowly, although the pace is picking up.
I think we are going backwards. There is more racial crap today than there was 20/30 years ago. More blacks being shot by cops, more protest, more riots, more race clashes, etc (that we know of with social media), So I can't say its better. Maybe I missed something.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I think we are going backwards. There is more racial crap today than there was 20/30 years ago. More blacks being shot by cops, more protest, more riots, more race clashes, etc (that we know of with social media), So I can't say its better. Maybe I missed something.
No, you did not miss anything, but haven't you ever heard that the darkest hour is right before the dawn?
This is the dawn of a new age and a new race of men will eventually arise when the sun shines in its full splendor.

All of this racial unrest and everything else we are seeing deteriorate in the world today was predicted by Baha'u'llah over 150 years ago, but it had to get worse before it could get better because otherwise the sleeping humanity would never wake up. I know where it is leading so I don't worry about the future of America or of the world.

“Beseech ye the one true God to grant that all men may be graciously assisted to fulfil that which is acceptable in Our sight. Soon will the present-day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead. Verily, thy Lord speaketh the truth, and is the Knower of things unseen.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 7

We Never Know

No Slack
No, you did not miss anything, but haven't you ever heard that the darkest hour is right before the dawn?
This is the dawn of a new age and a new race of men will eventually arise when the sun shines in its full splendor.

All of this racial unrest and everything else we are seeing deteriorate in the world today was predicted by Baha'u'llah over 150 years ago, but it had to get worse before it could get better because otherwise the sleeping humanity would never wake up. I know where it is leading so I don't worry about the future of America or of the world.

“Beseech ye the one true God to grant that all men may be graciously assisted to fulfil that which is acceptable in Our sight. Soon will the present-day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead. Verily, thy Lord speaketh the truth, and is the Knower of things unseen.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 7

The darkest hour is right before the dawn.... Its no darker than 3 hours before dawn.
Its like saying you find something in the last place you look.... Of course it is,, why would your look anymore once you found it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
For example... If you lost your keys they are always found in the last place you look. Once you found them why would you look any more? Hence they are found in the last place you look.
That's true, but how is that related to what we were talking about, the dawn of the new day?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A commercial should be about the product, not the user or a lifestyle the company wants associated with it. Nice guys can drive Fords or Chevys or Toyotas as well as Rams. If I'm going to buy a vehicle I want to know the particulars of the vehicle as a appliance. How is it better than a Ford? What's its Edmunds cost-to-own? What's its CU frequency-of repair-rating? Its gas mileage? Turn radius,? bed size? RPM at 60 MPH?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
A commercial should be about the product, not the user or a lifestyle the company wants associated with it. Nice guys can drive Fords or Chevys or Toyotas as well as Rams. If I'm going to buy a vehicle I want to know the particulars of the vehicle as a appliance. How is it better than a Ford? What's its Edmunds cost-to-own? What's its CU frequency-of repair-rating? Its gas mileage? Turn radius,? bed size? RPM at 60 MPH?

In 30 seconds?

We Never Know

No Slack
That's true, but how is that related to what we were talking about, the dawn of the new day?
Because the darkest is throughout the night, not just before dawn. If you believe the darkest is before dawn, then you've been blind to and missed the rest of the night.

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
Focus on the message, not the brand. Why be so blind to the message?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

We may disagree on a number of things but we agree on this.

Many have observed this including the Mother of the Sri Aurobindo ashram:

We are in a very special situation, extremely special, without precedent. We are now witnessing the birth of a new world; it is very young, very weak - not in its essence but in its outer manifestation - not yet recognized, not even felt, denied by the majority. But it is here. It is here, making an effort to grow, absolutely sure of the result. But the road to it is a completely new road which has never before been traced out - nobody has gone there, nobody has done that! It is a beginning, a universal beginning. So it is an absolutely unexpected and unpredictable adventure.

We Never Know

No Slack
At best we can say things get worse before they get better. Race tensions in America are getting worse. Hopefully they will get better.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In 30 seconds?
I'd expect a commercial to give at least some information about the product it's trying to induce you to buy. Why would I buy a widget just because someone I thought was nice owned one? I'd like to know something about the product itself. Would it even meet my needs?

We Never Know

No Slack
I'd expect a commercial to give at least some information about the product it's trying to induce you to buy. Why would I buy a widget just because someone I thought was nice owned one? I'd like to know something about the product itself. Would it even meet my needs?
Maybe they are just trying to send a good message out in a messed up world while plugging their product.
Maybe the whole commercial is about the message it brings, not the product.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

For the majority, the purpose of an ad is to engage the emotions and make you feel good about the product.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Because the darkest is throughout the night, not just before dawn. If you believe the darkest is before dawn, then you've been blind to and missed the rest of the night.
Okay, that's true, the whole night is just as dark as right before dawn, but that is just a cliche and what it means is that just before the sun comes up it is very dark, yet the sun comes up eventually. Below is the context of my remark:

“God’s purpose is none other than to usher in, in ways He alone can bring about, and the full significance of which He alone can fathom, the Great, the Golden Age of a long-divided, a long-afflicted humanity. Its present state, indeed even its immediate future, is dark, distressingly dark. Its distant future, however, is radiant, gloriously radiant—so radiant that no eye can visualize it............” The Promised Day is Come, p. 116

God’s Purpose