• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best reporting on ABC I have seen in years!

des

This doesn't all that much belong in the liberal forum, but I definitely wanted this as a non-debate topic. Bob Woodruff, a fair to midland reporter/anchor in the past just produced the most outstanding bit of reporting I have seen on ABC in years.

As many of you know he was seriously injured by an IED in Iraq some months ago. About half the story was his journey back from having virtually no speech to relearning everything again. I'm sure he is not entirely recovered but he looks to be doing well.

However, the second half was a very scourching story of the individual lives of tbi soldiers, their families and their struggles with the bureaucracy of the Veterans Affairs. Some of the injuries shown were, I'm sure not what the Bush administration wants you to see. I was very impressed with that.
Very profound injuries that I have not seen on tv. But the information was not meant to tillilate.

I kept thinking, in a sardonic way, if the injuries affected his ability to know what the administration wants him to say.

Anyway, welcome back! The sad thing, perhaps, is that if he hadn't have been hit this kind of story would never have been done.

For those that didn't see hte story there are some reviews, etc.
See:http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/
(mid page)

--des

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Yes, I'm glad to see he's recovering, and he's definately picked a worthy fight! ABC is blessed to have Bob.