• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Games of 2008

Elessar

Select your favorite games that came out in 2008, in each of the following categories:

Game of the Year:
Action Game of the Year:
Role-Playing Game of the Year:
Strategy Game of the Year:
Multiplayer Game of the Year:

There are no strict definitions of what games belong in which category, so feel free to select whatever you want for whichever category. The only rule - a game cannot be repeated, so GotY cannot also be MPGotY or RPGotY. This can include expansion packs which are added on to another game which was released previously.

Mine:

Game of the Year: Europa Universalis III: In Nomine
Action Game of the Year: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
Role-Playing Game of the Year: Far Cry 2
Strategy Game of the Year: Sins of a Solar Empire
Multiplayer Game of the Year: Left 4 Dead

If you have another category, feel free to add it.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Game of the Year:- ...
Action Game of the Year:
-Devil may cry 4.
-Fable 2
- Red Alert 3
- Call of Duty; World at War.. I would have gone for L4D if the playtime would have been longer, but sadly, it wasn't.

Biggest let-down:
- Mirror's edge.

btw, Far Cry 2 a role playing??
I would not have put that one in that catagory.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Tomb Raider Underworld came out in 2008... for every console except the one I have (PS2) The release date has changed so many times, but I think it's some time in March now... So I didn't get to play it yet, but if I did, I might vote for it. I actually don't think I have any 2008 games.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
So waiting for diablo 3 as well :p

I played spore, finished spore and threw it of my disk! My computer deserves better than to be filled with such lame entertainment :D

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
So waiting for diablo 3 as well :p

I played spore, finished spore and threw it of my disk! My computer deserves better than to be filled with such lame entertainment :D
My wife and I are battling for control of the universe.
Kinda hard when you can't touch her home world.

Both my daughters will spend hours at a time making new critters...
Never know what you will run into.

Elessar

Game of the Year:- ...
Action Game of the Year:
-Devil may cry 4.
-Fable 2
- Red Alert 3
- Call of Duty; World at War.. I would have gone for L4D if the playtime would have been longer, but sadly, it wasn't.

Biggest let-down:
- Mirror's edge.

btw, Far Cry 2 a role playing??
I would not have put that one in that catagory.

Must admit, the game I *wanted* to put in that category was Mass Effect, but that came out in 2008 for PC, not 2008 in general - it's a 2007 game. So FC2 was closest thing to an RPG that I played in 2008 that came out in 2008 that I enjoyed.

EDIT: I unfortunately did not play Fallout 3- it was a close one, I could only buy either RA3 or that. Since I still have my original packaging from Command & Conquer, the latter won :)

Oh, and desperately waiting for StarCraft II and Diablo III here, as well.

Last edited:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Don't worry, I played both fall out 3 and Red alert 3 and afterwards if I had to pick one I would definatelly throw fall out 3 away and keep my RA3.

But I must add there that I did not finish fall out 3 because of time..