• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beliefs you like

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
I see light in atheism, I know atheists will remind me that atheism is just the lack of beliefs, because I think the ability to critically think and question things, maybe even suspend judgement, is more in line with a true God, if he exists, that isn't distorted by the writings of man.

I see light in Hinduism because I seem to think people who believe it often see their faith as something which can get followers without them having to tell everyone about it that they possibly can.

I see light in the Baha'i faith in terms of their prophet and the intricacy that, for lack of better words, the most prized leaders of the faith have tried to weave.

I see light in Judaism in that its followers can probably talk me under the table in terms of the Old Testament and what Biblical words and terms mean.

I like to see other people's ideas because they have a useful experience sometimes.

Human contact is necessary, but for me, choice is the most sensitive option.

I only worship my beloved Allah, who is affectionate and kind, and who feeds me and supports me in my weakness :)

God is watching me now and I write with pride that I love him :oops:

MonkeyFire

Isn't this supposed to be a thread about what you like about other walks? Seems you dislike atheism, but is there something positive you could say about it?

It's wisdom produced by my religion. You wouldn't dis-believe as it is dangerous when you can be skeptical.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I am an atheist Hindu. Buddhism is another religion that I like. I feel happy about pagan and native religions, because Hinduism too is pagan. I am not familiar with Daoism.

MonkeyFire

Good retort. But I was more hoping that you'd clarify or give me a reason to like your religion. For "it is dangerous when you can be skeptical" sounds like a veiled threat to me.

Dis-belief is a painful thing, but skepticism hath a little hope and even if it gets sent to hell its gets to burn the evil part of hell, and does not have to suffer itself.