• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Belief of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
These specifics are not found anywhere in the Bible, I think that is your own personal interpretation.

have you ever wondered why the "tree of knowledge of good and bad" is not mentioned as being brought back in Gods new world?

the tree of life is said to be in the new world, but not the tree of knowledge. Why do you think that might be? And what do you think the tree of knowledge was?

Flat Earth Kyle

I think the tree of knowledge actually had the power to grant one knowledge of Good and Evil. Nothing is impossible with God.

maybe it is still in the world, but now that we already have a knowledge of Good and Evil it does nothing and we just see it as another fruit tree. A lot of people out there seem to think it was an apple tree.

That is my guess though. If only I could find a place that specifies...

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I think the tree of knowledge actually had the power to grant one knowledge of Good and Evil. Nothing is impossible with God.

maybe it is still in the world, but now that we already have a knowledge of Good and Evil it does nothing and we just see it as another fruit tree. A lot of people out there seem to think it was an apple tree.

That is my guess though. If only I could find a place that specifies...

what would you do if you knew exactly what type of fruit tree it was?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Probably say really?! Wow that is interesting, write it down in my study journal and continue on with life.

right, so it wouldnt make one iota of difference to anyone life, so why does it matter if it was an apple tree or an orange tree or any other type of tree?

the fact is it doesnt matter because trees dont give anyone special knowledge...if they did, then why would God hold it back from us? ;)

Flat Earth Kyle

I think you are adding in your own interpretation again...

the only difference it would make is show if Adam and Eve really had a knowledge of Good and Evil before they partook of the fruit, or if that knowledge came after.
Like I said before nothing is impossible with God. To me a tree of life sounds just as amazing. Stranger things have happened.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I think you are adding in your own interpretation again...

the only difference it would make is show if Adam and Eve really had a knowledge of Good and Evil before they partook of the fruit, or if that knowledge came after.
Like I said before nothing is impossible with God. To me a tree of life sounds just as amazing. Stranger things have happened.

the bible does show that they had a knowledge of good and evil before they ate:

Genesis 3:1-3 “Is it really so that God said YOU must not eat from every tree of the garden?” 2 At this the woman said to the serpent: “Of the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat. 3 But as for [eating] of the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden, God has said, ‘YOU must not eat from it, no, YOU must not touch it that YOU do not die.’”

Case solved.

:)

Flat Earth Kyle

Uh huh, I've heard parrots and small children repeat what I have said too, but that doesn't state whether they understood the difference between good and evil. They just know that is what God said, not that it would be good to follow what God says and bad if they didn't.

I think you are adding your own interpretation again.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Uh huh, I've heard parrots and small children repeat what I have said too, but that doesn't state whether they understood the difference between good and evil. They just know that is what God said, not that it would be good to follow what God says and bad if they didn't.

I think you are adding your own interpretation again.

Do you think they had reason to doubt God? It seems from the scripture that she certainly knew the consequences and therefore she had knowledge already because God had given it to them.

I think you are the only one adding to the story here.

Flat Earth Kyle

So according to you Adam and Eve were the first people in the world to purposely commit suicide.

I'm not adding to the story. I am looking at the words at face value. It doesn't specify.
I can say what I like about it and can name off possibilities, but I clearly say that I think this or I think that. That isn't adding to it, it is mere speculation.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
So according to you Adam and Eve were the first people in the world to purposely commit suicide.

I'm not adding to the story. I am looking at the words at face value. It doesn't specify.
I can say what I like about it and can name off possibilities, but I clearly say that I think this or I think that. That isn't adding to it, it is mere speculation.

but you are speculating on what is there...not on what is not there.

the account shows she had knowledge of what would happen, but you say she didnt have knowledge of what would happen.

Even the Serpent didnt speculate that Eve didnt know what would happen. When he questioned her he said "IS IT REALLY SO..."
IOW, I hear God told you this, is that really what he said...

and her reply was to the effect of "God has said we can eat from all the trees... but not from that tree or we'll die" So you dont need to speculate on whether she had knowledge or not because the account clearly shows she did.

Last edited:

Flat Earth Kyle

but it doesn't say she had a knowledge of what happened. It just says that she said what God told her.
A little kid can repeat words in a another language and not know what it means.
I wonder how many kids repeat the F word and not know what it means.
"Did that person really just say that?" And a little kid can say "yup, he said that alright".

Flat Earth Kyle

All I can say is something happened after they partook of the fruit. Afterwords they suddenly realized they were naked and they didn't seem to realize that before.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
All I can say is something happened after they partook of the fruit. Afterwords they suddenly realized they were naked and they didn't seem to realize that before.

the only thing that changed was the source of their knowledge. Prior to eating they knew that it was bad to eat the fruit and good to be naked because God had told them so. But afterward they decided it would be good to eat the fruit, its bad to be naked.

they were no longer listening to God. They were no longer dependent on him for answers...they created their own knowledge.

You may have heard Jesus words at Matthew 4:4 ‘Man must live, not on bread alone..."
The rest of the sentence is pertinent to our discussion...he went on to say "but on every utterance coming forth through Jehovah’s mouth"

Adam and Eve stopped living according to 'every utterance coming forth from Jehovahs mouth" and they died. Thats why we can't live without Gods word...only by obedience will we live.

Last edited:

Flat Earth Kyle

When did God tell them it was good to be naked?
The Bible never says that anywhere. I think you are adding things to the Bible again...
If Jehovah's witnesses believe that it is good to be naked, then why do they wear clothes to all their meetings? Why don't they run around naked everywhere?

espo35

If Jehovah's witnesses believe that it is good to be naked, then why do they wear clothes to all their meetings? Why don't they run around naked everywhere?

Yikes! I know a few Witnesses and while they are great people, I'm quite happy to see them clothed!
;)

espo35

Pre-sin, they were perfect. Perfect people would not feel shame or embarassment.

kreative37

JustBelieve

No they didn't know that before they partook of the fruit. You're right. Good is good. It doesn't just become bad. Nor does evil become good.