• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Being Right

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Heard this on the Secular Buddhist Podcast, 162 - The Games We Play and I thought it was interesting and quite true. And I know I have been guilty of this from time to time.

The game of being right, we want to be right and it's not enough to feel that, yes I am correct. I need to make sure that you know I'm correct, So real game is not about being right it is about being seen as being right

Being right does not matter as much as being perceived to be right. Therefore what others think of me is more important than what I think of myself

Also from the Secular Buddhism Podcast #162
The games we play...some thoughts about Right View. Thich Nhat Hanh says: "Our happiness and the happiness of those around us depend on our degree of Right View. Touching reality deeply -- knowing what is going on inside and outside of ourselves -- is the way to liberate ourselves from the suffering that is caused by wrong perceptions. Right View is not an ideology, a system, or even a path. It is the insight we have into the reality of life, a living insight that fills us with understanding, peace, and love."

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
It's paradoxical in Buddhism. There is Right View, eg the Four Truths, Four Seals, Three marks, etc.
And yet it's wrong view to get caught up in being right, even if it's Right View.... It makes my head spin.

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
The best insights are waking up to being wrong about something.
homersimpsondoh.png