• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bed sizes

dianaiad

Hand made quilt?
Goodness, that would take forever.
And I doubt you would be able to get enough selling it to make it worth while

The person who can afford/wants a 10 x 12 foot bed would buy it....and pay whatever is asked for it . I just refuse to make it.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Never heard of a 'full' bed here in the U.K. We just use single, double, queen and kingsize.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Never heard of a 'full' bed here in the U.K. We just use single, double, queen and kingsize.
In the US a full size bed is the same as a double bed. A US queen is the same size as a UK king, that is if the Wiki article on bed sizes is accurate. Within the industry bed sizes are often referred to by their width in the US. A "three three" is 39 inches. A twin size. A four six is 54 inches. That is a double or full size bed. A five oh (besides slang for the police) is 60 inches wide and is a queen. A six oh is 72 inches wide and is a California king. And a six six is 78 inches wide. A king.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Don't know the dimensions well to figure all that out once I researched it already.

Unfortunately, the full is about two or three some odd inches off so I'll get a twin XL.
Just keep in mind that unless you live in a decent size metro area it might be a bit difficult finding bed linen for it,

gnomon

What's with the California King? Why does California always have to do things differently?

Because they are a true referendum democracy to be avoided at all cost.

And dear god two people can go at it on a daybed so what's the issue?

And I've learned more about beds than I needed. Just throw a pillow on the floor with a throw and everything can be accomplished.

Someone mentioned a vacuum cleaner? Won't clean up what's after.

But don't forget about the cats. Especially the fat ones.