• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Battalion of Yazid Bin Mu`awiya of the Free Syrian Army

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
I rarely write on Politics related subjects...
However i found that this topic that has its poitical as well as religious dimensions of high importance:

The following post was made by As'ad AbuKhalil From The Angry Arab News Service/

"I have mentioned before that the lousy Free Syrian Army chooses Islamic names for its units and battalions. But comrade Amer observed that they named one battalion after Yazid bin Mu`awiyah: the man was no military commander and his only claim to fame is that he ordered the killing of Husayn and mutilated his severed head. The sectarian agenda of those people are only hidden to Western reporters who don't read or understand Arabic. "

[youtube]LN5QAAb_7go[/youtube]
‫

Information about the tyrant Ummayad ruler Yazid bin Mu`awiyah can be found on the main page of our website:
AhlulBayt Islamic Society - University of Sheffield