• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baptism For The Dead (1 Corinthians 15:29)

Norman

Defender of Truth
Sorry for stating the truth.

Norman: Hi zomg, Have you been ex-communicated from the Church or are you just in-active? I would hate to see you
charged with apostasy and kicked out of the Church. Where did you serve your mission?

Norman

Defender of Truth
Sorry but no second chances. Like Paul said. You die once and then the Judgement.

Norman: What passage (s) of Paul are you referring to? So, what are your thoughts on the two passages that I posted, Jesus himself teaching the importance of Baptism?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Who hasn't heard of Christ? :p
Are you serious? Today, probably the vast majority of the people in the world have at least "heard of" Him. That, however, doesn't mean that they really know much, if anything, about His teachings. For instance, if you think that the 25 million people living in North Korea in 2015 know anything at all about Jesus Christ, you are deluded beyond belief. And is many Islamic states throughout the Middle East, Jesus may be known to some extent, but certainly the truth about His gospel is not being taught. And think about the billions of people who lived in various parts of the world during the first few centuries following Christ's death, where Christianity had not yet spread. Think about the millions in the jungles of Africa, the millions in Asia, etc. It took quite a number of years for the gospel of Jesus Christ to spread anywhere near as far as it has spread today. I can't imagine you are really so naive as to have asked, "Who hasn't heard of Christ?"

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I'm sure that Christ would have explained what he did on the cross to all those ones counted "righteous" (as mentioned in Hebrews) waiting in Abraham's Bosom before they entered Heaven. They would have wanted to know what had made it possible for them to enter Heaven.
Okay, I agree. But Christ didn't really explain all that much to the thief on the cross, did He? I suspect that when the thief found himself in Paradise after he died, he would have been very desirous of learning all he could about the teachings of the Man who made his salvation possible. I'm glad to see that you recognize that there is a place (Paradise/Abraham's Bosom) where the righteous await the resurrection. Is it really such a stretch to believe that the unrighteous -- particularly the ones who never heard of Christ during their lifetimes -- also await the resurrection and could be given the privilege to be taught the truth during that period of time? And are you aware of the early Judeo-Christian beliefs concerning the state of the spirits of those who have died? They are remarkably similar to the LDS view.

Norman

Defender of Truth
What happens to the hundreds of millions of people who have lived and died before the age of written records?

Norman: What is the age of when written records were started? We have written records written since Adam and Eve the first parents of the human race. Would this not have been the age of written records?

Norman

Defender of Truth
Or all people will not be judged at all but will return to where they came from.

Norman: All people will be judged, even those in hell will be judged. No man will escape the judgment day according to John the Revelator.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

"Have you then discovered the beginning that you seek after the end? For where the beginning is, there

shall the end be. Blessed is he who shall stand in the beginning, and he shall know the

end and shall not taste death."
Someone called Jesus

Norman

Defender of Truth
It means exactly what it says. Superstitions of the past. No explaination needed.

Norman: I see that you claim affiliation as a Jesuits. Is this group a branch off from the Roman Catholic Church?

The Jesuits
We are the Society of Jesus, a Roman Catholic order of priests and
brothers founded half a millennium ago by the soldier-turned-mystic Ignatius Loyola. But most people call us "the Jesuits."
In the vision of our founder, we seek to "find God in all things." We dedicate ourselves to the “greater glory of God" and the good of all humanity. And we do so gratefully in collaboration with others who share our values, including laypersons. They have become part of the “we,” the extended Jesuit family. With close to 17,000-plus priests and brothers worldwide, we are the largest male religious order in the Catholic Church. We are pastors, teachers, and chaplains. We are also doctors, lawyers, and astronomers, among many other roles in Church and society. In our varied ministries, we care for the whole person: body, mind, and soul. And especially in our education ministries, we seek to nurture "men and women for others." Jesuits draw on the rich tradition of Ignatian spirituality and reflection. In our
retreat centers, parishes, campus ministries, and other settings, we offer these resources to all who want to discern God’s presence in their lives. At the same time, we also aim to be “contemplatives in action,” people who bring this spirituality into the wide world. That includes our work on behalf of global justice, peace, and dialogue. Four Vows As members of a religious order, Jesuits take three vows — of poverty, chastity and obedience — and a fourth vow of obedience specifically in regard to worldwide mission. In other words, Jesuits must be ready to accept whatever mission the Pope requires, a vow that is reflective of our broader dedication to the universal Church, and to the greater good of all people from all faiths and cultures. Our collaboration with the laity flows from our personal relationships with Christ. We see ourselves as companions of Jesus, and we invite others to join with us, as friends in the Lord. Together we build up the body of Christ. With our friends and partners, we also reach out to a broadly diverse world because that’s where God is. From experience and reflection, we know that meaning, value, and divine purpose can be discovered "in all things."

Maybe the Superstitions is what you believe in and you little group?

Source:

About Us | The Jesuits

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Norman: Hi disciple, it just isn't hearing about Jesus, it is a matter of being taught about Jesus and his teachings.
See, I don't really agree with that assessment. The 'teachings', can be, and are, taught in such a manner, half the time, that there is debate whether how it is being taught is really the correct method. I personally, if anything, am not agreeing with much if not most 'Xian proponent argumentation', to the extreme of complete rejection of many themes, which I think are incorrect, and confusing, etc. So, it's not as simple as you say. In some sense, what I said is necessarily true, because the person has to take it upon themselves, at some point, to figure out what Xianity is. What's interesting, is that what I think it is, differs in even theology related issues, to many other self labeled Xians. So, who's right. Is one version wrong, etc.

zomg

I aim to misbehave!
Norman: You told me that you left the Church three years ago, evidently you left the Church but cannot leave it alone, Why?
I believe the LDS church isn't what it claims to be and people have a right to that information. I believe the LDS church is a dangerous, harmful organization. Coming onto a religious debate forum once in awhile qualifies as not leaving it alone? Ha!

But in your eyes, I suppose this means Mormonism is true because I "cannot leave it alone". Whatever floats your boat.

And apparently not even a first chance for billions of people. That's some loving God you believe in.

Katzpur: God is fair. He knows what he is doing. He knows the hearts of men. My mother used to say when I was little "it's possible that God would look at the hearts of the people who have never heard Christ and judge them a different way. Maybe he looks and sees what they would have done had they been presented with the gospel". We have to leave it to God. He is the judge and knows what to do.