• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Banning Military Prayer

Gcront

Banning Military Prayer

During this time when I was in the navy, I was always looking forward to coming home, even if only for a short time. It was always good to be alone, getting out in the open fields, then going for a walk through the woods. Like one weekend when I was home, being a long ways from the house, I went to jump across this branch or gorge.
When I slipped and fell springing my ankle, finally getting out of the ditch, I slowly limped back to the house not knowing if it was broken or not. Being on a weekend pass, and being out of bounds from the base, I caught the next bus headed for where I was station, and not knowing if I would be able to make the long ride or not.
When I finally arrived at the base my foot had swelled as big as two, with my whole foot turning black, and running up most of my leg. It was good to find out that it wasn’t broken, but I still had to spend a little over a week in sickbay, with this being our hospital – because of this spring.

During this time I met many of our courageous service men, the men of World War Two, the ones that had fallen during battle. With the war now finishing up, with many of our service men had gone home, with many others getting discharged each day. This left many of the ones that was wounded and under medical care, with many others coming in and out for treatments
It was during this time that I remembered many of their stories, of when they were out in the battlefields surrounded only by the enemy, looking for each moment to become their last. Then praying to God with many praying for their first time, to a God that was always willing to listen, only by this faith were they able to live and tell their stories.
Our country has been blessed many times through our courageous service men, fighting under God; we have never known the destruction that comes from defeat. We cannot on every occasion give ourselves the credit for our own alertness and stringth, thinking back to December nineteen forty-one, when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor destroying our only navy.

Things did not look very bright, knowing that it would have been sure defeat, if the Japanese and their alliances had follower this up with an attack on the United States. Then by this great miracle of God we were given another chance, while being under God’s own great protection, we were then given another chance.
By the will of God we were given time to rebuild our navy, along with our armed forces, much stronger than before. Then while being under this protection of God, we were given time and stringth to destroy our enemy. This wonderful blessing (under God) have led many countries to victory, no matter how great was the odds.
Then as long as our country shall live by this blessing, (under God) then we shall never fall. Every one of us should be very thankful of this blessing that our forefathers and that we had once lived under. Being blessed within a country that has always prospered, becoming one of God’s leading and greatest countries, only within and through the power of God.

I hate to think of the consequences if we should, or when we should take this blessing away from our children, with this being a blessing that we have long lived by, through the early beginning of our many generations. If our children, or we should turn ours backs on God, not realizing the power that our God posses.
It would be very hard on a country of our category, which has always prospered, enjoying our freedom provide by God and known for its strength. If we should one day then fall to some small country, realizing that if we should turn from God, who has always provided, then all things shall and will become possible.
We can very easily imagine how Goliath the giant, must have felt standing there being of great size and strength, as he looked down at David being only a small lad. This was with only a sling and a few small stones in his hands, facing someone of great force and sizes like him.
We can imagine how this must have made Goliath very angry, thinking that the Israelites must have been trying to make fun of his power and strength. This must have made Goliath give a great laugh of confidence, feeling all the assurance in the world, not realizing just how near defeat really was, because pride always comes before the fall.

In the spirit of this our own great strength, yet there are many of us in America that are far from Christians, then yet everyone of us enjoys the same privileges of living in this free country of luxury. This makes me think back to a phase that I have heard many times, a phase that was used by many union members.
The more members you have, the more strongly the union shall become, and the stronger the union become, the more privileges everyone will get to enjoy. Then yet the non-union members get to enjoy the same privileges, as the ones that work and pay into the union. I think it’s the same with Christians, the no Christians get to enjoy the same things as the Christians, as things now stand here in our country.
Then what will happen in our country if our Christians should become scarce, not having anyone working for the one and Almighty? Then our privileges and also our blessings will be cut out, and then our whole nation shall then fall.

Thinking back to within the Bible, we remember the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, which was destroyed by fire and brimstone coming from the heavens. We also remember how Abraham pleaded with God for these lost cities, and then through this great mercy of God he kept dropping the numbered of the righteous.
God promised if there could only be found ten righteous persons in the cities, then he would have spared it for their sake. Then not being able to find even ten people, God kept his promise and destroyed them, but think that if he could have found only ten righteous people, then he would have then spared these two cities for the righteous sake.
One of these days the time is coming that we will be judged as an individual, when we will not be able to enjoy the privileges by the good works of other. This is when we will have to answer for our own selves, and also for our own doing, these are the ones that are not covered by the blood of Christ. We will nor then be able to enjoy the good life, only from the good deeds that have been preformed by others.

Go to www.glorifiedchrist.com for more information.
God Bless You
Herbert