• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'is will observe "Ayyam-i-Ha" on February 26th

arthra

Baha'i
A few weeks from now Baha'is gather for "Ayyam-i-Ha" (the Days of Ha) also known as "Intercalary Days". The Baha'i calendar is a solar calendar and on "leap years" five days are commemorated while most years are four days. Bahais gather for feasting and happiness.

"The nineteen months of the Bahá'í calendar are named after the attributes of God.[8] Ayyám-i-Há, which means the "Days of Há" — Há is the Arabic letter corresponding to the English H — commemorates the transcendence of God over his attributes, since its name "Há" has been used as a symbol of the essence of God in the Bahá'í holy writings.[5][9] Under the Arabic abjad system, the letter Há has the numerical value of five, which is equal to the maximum number of days in Ayyam-i-Há.[5]

During the Festival of Ayyám-i-Há Bahá'ís are encouraged to celebrate God and his oneness by showing love, fellowship and unity.[5] In many instances Bahá'ís give and accept gifts to demonstrate these attributes, and it is sometimes seen as a "Bahá'í Christmas", but many Baha'is only exchange small gifts because gifts are not the main focus.[5] It is also a time of charity and goodwill and Bahá'ís often participate in various projects of a humanitarian nature.[10]

Ayyám-i-Há - Wikipedia

"Known as the Ayyam-i-Ha (the Days of Ha), the Intercalary
Days have the distinction of being associated with "the letter
Ha". The abjad numerical value of this Arabic letter is five,
which corresponds to the potential number of intercalary
days.
The letter "Ha" has been given several spiritual
meanings in the Holy Writings, among which is as a
symbol of the Essence of God

~ Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Aqdas, p. 178