• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'i and UU!

Wombat

Interesting thread...nice to see some activity on the Baha'i board.

Just wanted to pick up on this one comment-

I think it useless to talk about corruption of the text. God can protect His own word.

"corruption of the text" and corruption of the Principles can happen to any Dispensation in a myriad subtle and gross manners and ways.

One can be the overemphasis on one scriptural aspect or one principle to the detriment or exclusion of others.

In this regard, in the context of the Baha’i community, basic ‘Justice’ principles are sacrificed on the altar of ‘Unity’.
Such corruption of text/principles requires vigilance and ‘free and unfettered’ consultation to be guarded against...this is a collective community responsibility...not Gods job.

(I’m an Unenrolled Baha’i....and I never go “woot woot!” in public.......unless poked with a damp Loofah on a stick.) :rolleyes:

"Supreme Infallibility... is reserved exclusively to the Manifestations of the Cause of God and the Exponents of His Revelation."

-- Baha'u'llah (Tabernacle of Unity, 2.32)

No matter what happens or what one believes in, Baha'u'llah has mentioned that there are primary and secondary issues at hand. The primary deals with the idea of philosophy, of who is God, and understanding the stations of the Manifestations of His Essence.

The secondary issues deal with the laws of God, and these will remain secondary to the primary understanding.

By the way, Wombat, this is a thread from 2006... I just resurrected it, LOL.

(I’m an Unenrolled Baha’i....and I never go “woot woot!” in public.......unless poked with a damp Loofah on a stick.) :rolleyes:

*pokes Wombat with a damp loofah on a stick* :D