• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha ‘i Prayer life...

arthra

Baha'i
As a Baha’i I recite prayers on rising from slumber and pray at bedtime:

I have wakened in Thy shelter...

O God, my Master, the Goal of my desire!

I also recite Obligatory Prayers daily. The prayers are preceded by ablutions and turning in the direction of the Holy Land. The obligatory prayers are recited in privacy.

Short Obligatory Prayer

Long Obligatory Prayer

Once a day I also recite the Greatest Name ninety five times. The recitation usually occurs following the Obligatory Prayers.

“It hath been ordained that every believer in God, the Lord of Judgement, shall, each day, having washed his hands and then his face, seat himself and, turning unto God, repeat “Alláh-u-Abhá” ninety-five times.”

~ Baha-u-llah

Obligatory Prayer, Ablutions, and Repetition of the Greatest Name

Some Baha’is use Prayer Beads to keep count of their recitation. I usually count using my fingers…

Last edited:

arthra

Baha'i
An example of Baha'i Prayer Beads:

main-qimg-609b50bd827ebefdecb500bf94f14ca0

The nice thing about Prayer Beads is that they also represent the kindness and service of those who make them...

I have some prayer beads that were made in nearby communities so my thoughts are drawn to the people of that community when I use them.

As I mentioned above I usually recite the Greatest Name ninety five times using my hands.. that way i never lose my "prayer beads"!

"Count knuckles and fingertips

"Did you know that you can use your hands to count 19 five times? Simply count four per finger and three per thumb, which equals 19, and repeat five times. If you like, you can even keep track of which number you are on (of the five repetitions) by using the fingers sequentially on the other hand to count."

How To Recite Your 95 Allah’u’Abhas Every Day