• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad News

rocala

I have been informed that the "Findhorn Foundation" in Scotland was severely damaged by an arson attack last night. Thankfully nobody was hurt
The Foundation is a spiritual community and eco-village which has been instrumental in showing how beautiful life can be. Certainly, some of the happiest times in my life have been spent there.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I have been informed that the "Findhorn Foundation" in Scotland was severely damaged by an arson attack last night. Thankfully nobody was hurt
The Foundation is a spiritual community and eco-village which has been instrumental in showing how beautiful life can be. Certainly, some of the happiest times in my life have been spent there.
Being happy is dangerous. Some people don't like it.

rocala

Sorry to hear that. Can the damage be repaired?

Technically that is not a problem. Coming after a lengthy lock down, I would not like to say as the Foundation's main income had been from courses.
The location is 'The Park' which consists of numerous separate buildings. I believe that those hit were the community centre, the sanctuary (a meditation centre) and two offices. The Community centre was a large area with a big kitchen. People went there for lunch, dinner and recreation. Its upper floor was famous for the Sunday morning Taize singing sessions and was also used for educational courses. An extremely attractive building, it was built by volunteers and was a monument to the communal spirit.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
:( Ugh... I'm really sorry to hear that.

I don't understand why people feel called to do that kind of stuff...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm sorry to hear about the Findhorn attack. There are those who want to tear down anything positive by every dark method they can imagine.

I've always thought positively of Findhorn and still play songs that are from Lorian New Troubadors which was connected to Findhorn. The lyrics and the ability to buy their songs are available here: The New Troubadours One example:

THE LOVE AFFIRMATION (Words by David Spangler; Music by Milenko Matanovic)

From the heart of me that is the Heart of God,
Love streams forth to all my worlds,
And I am One.

From the Light we share within the Mind of God,
Love streams forth to all our worlds,
And we are One.

From the race of Man where flames the Will of God,
Love streams forth to all his worlds
And Man is one.

Form the All in All that is the Life of God,
Love streams forth—God’s Plan made real—
And All are One.

With God as our Beloved,
We are the Plan on Earth.

rocala

Findhorn fire 1.jpg
Findhorn fire 2.jpg

Altfish

Veteran Member
Horrible news, I was not aware of the place, but ..
I've been to the Buddhist centre near Langholme, lovely places

Heyo

Veteran Member
:( Ugh... I'm really sorry to hear that.

I don't understand why people feel called to do that kind of stuff...
"Misery loves company" as they say. Some people get really angry when they see other people more happy as them and they want them to feel the same they do. Same goes for people being (or being perceived as) more moral. Being eco friendly, vegetarian, social, reasonable is reason to attack for those who aren't. I guess it makes them feel inferior.