• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bacteria -------> Human - In One Step - What would this provide support/evidence for/against?

Bacterial Cell to Human in One Generation - What would this provide evidence for/against? (Explain)

• It would provide evidence for the theory of evolution (TOE).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It would provide evidence against the TOE.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • It would provide evidence for creationism.

• It would provide evidence against creationism.

• It would provide evidence for creationism, but against the TOE.

• It would provide evidence for the TOE, but against creationism.

• It would provide evidence against/for neither, but for a novel force/phenomenon altogether.

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • It would provide evidence for both the TOE and creationism.

• It would provide evidence against both the TOE and creationism.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • It would mean the birth of the Bacterial Uprising. Thus would begin our dark and servile future.

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
But does it have to be divine? Why can't it be the work of aliens or something?
True. They could have some kind of mutation-ray or something.

And if it were aliens, it still wouldn't take away from what life does without sentient intervention(whether it's aliens or a god), which would be Evolution as we currently know it.
If something evolved millions and millions of nucleotides in one generation, it would not be compatible with evolution as we know it right now. DNA can't mutate that fast. If it did, there would be something wrong.

AndromedaRXJ

If something evolved millions and millions of nucleotides in one generation, it would not be compatible with evolution as we know it right now. DNA can't mutate that fast. If it did, there would be something wrong.

What I mean is, why would it have to mean both can't happen? i.e. aliens zapped bacteria with some kind of mutation ray, but humans and chimps still share a common ancestor. I don't see how it takes away from evolution. It could just mean that other non-evolutionary biological processes can also happen and arise new forms but doesn't mean evolution doesn't happen.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
What I mean is, why would it have to mean both can't happen? i.e. aliens zapped bacteria with some kind of mutation ray, but humans and chimps still share a common ancestor.
Well, I didn't say anything about evolution and the common ancestor of humans and apes.

I thought the question was only about if a super-mutation event (one bacteria evolved into a human in one generation) would prove or disprove evolution (not specifically ape-human evolution).

If one bacteria suddenly evolved into a complete human, it would disprove not only current knowledge about evolution but also biology and chemistry and any combination of the above. Put it this way, there's no way that one cell can mutate and replicate into a 100 trillion cells in one instance. It takes generally about 20 minutes for a bacteria to divide, and that only ends up with 2 to begin with. It takes about 46 times, with perfect conditions with food etc to get to 100 trillion cells.

I don't see how it takes away from evolution. It could just mean that other non-evolutionary biological processes can also happen and arise new forms but doesn't mean evolution doesn't happen.
I see what you're saying. True. If aliens or other influence made something like this happen, then it wouldn't change the fact of evolution. That's true.

ruffen

The evidence for evolution's factual nature is vast, well-developed, perhaps even overwhelming. I certainly accept the idea's validity.

But, hypothetically, if a bacterial cell replicated and produced, for example, a human, would that be evidence against evolution? Would it be evidence for creationism? Would it be evidence against/for (respectively) both? Or would it be non-applicable to either evolution or creationism, but rather evidence of a newly discovered phenomenon/force/process/beings? I'm asking out of pure curiosity, because I've seen people say it would be evidence against evolution before. In fact, here are the two quotes from this forum that gave me the thread idea:

So what do you think, folks? Imagine this astonishing event happens, and a human is "birthed" by a bacteria. What would this mean for the theory of evolution? What would it mean for the assertion/s of creationism?

It would be evidence of a gross measurement error. :)

Parsimony

Evolution is a Satanic Lie since it falsely supposes that Humans had their origin on the present Earth.
Every single form of creationism I have heard of (prior to yours) supposes that exact same thing, though: that all human beings originated on the exact same Earth that exists now. Are their views also Satanic lies?

Aman777

Bible Believer
Originally Posted by Aman777
Evolution is a Satanic Lie since it falsely supposes that Humans had their origin on the present Earth.

Every single form of creationism I have heard of (prior to yours) supposes that exact same thing, though: that all human beings originated on the exact same Earth that exists now. Are their views also Satanic lies?

Der Kryptid, No, they are the end result of the Theology of ancient Goatherders who lived thousands of years before Science. Religion has adopted some of these ancient misunderstandings as part of their view. It doesn't mean that Goatherders were NOT Christians, since Christians are those who have been born again by their Faith in Jesus. It's the way the Holy Spirit works, since there are so many versions, one MUST come by Faith since no one version has been adopted by all Christians.

Genesis 1:6-8 tells us of the formation of the first firmament or heaven, as God calls it, on the 2nd Day. Genesis 2:4 tells us of the formation of other HeavenS (plural) being made on the 3rd Day. One on the 2nd Day and otherS on the 3rd Day show that we live in a Multiverse composed of at least THREE Heavens. Correct? God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Aman777

Bible Believer
No.
Not in any sense.
Your personal opinion, is just that. Nothing more.

Dear outhouse, It will soon be Science when the ESA gets it's satellites in place. You will change your mind when it is announced. Thanks for playing. I love to collect the predictions of those, whose False Notions will be soundly refuted, soon. Hopefully, later this year. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

ruffen

Dear outhouse, It will soon be Science when the ESA gets it's satellites in place. You will change your mind when it is announced. Thanks for playing. I love to collect the predictions of those, whose False Notions will be soundly refuted, soon. Hopefully, later this year. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Someone should save this post and confront Aman777 with it in a year or two, if Aman777 seriously thinks that any ESA satellite will prove his religious intuitions of 3 universes, or that anything in Genesis is scientifically correct.

Aman777

Bible Believer
Someone should save this post and confront Aman777 with it in a year or two, if Aman777 seriously thinks that any ESA satellite will prove his religious intuitions of 3 universes, or that anything in Genesis is scientifically correct.

Dear ruffen, I was posting this BEFORE NASA and ESA began to set up the old L.I.S.A. project. Here is Michio Kaku in an old video. The latest news is that the Republicans wouldn't complete the funding, so the Europeans are doing it. Here is the Video. Enjoy and God Bless you. Parallel universes. [VIDEO]

In Love,
Aman