• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Back to Religious Forums

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Hi dybmh,
Not really a controversy or joke. This was extensively explored in Avi’s Journey. Capital “R” refers to the Reform Movement, small “r” jewish reform. I am a student of both schools. What is a “liberal American Chabadnik”?

I'm not familiar with this. Is there some sort of controversy or inside joke among liberal Jews regarding whether or not to capitalize the 'r' in [R/r]eform Judaism?

( I'm a liberal American Chabadnik, BTW )

Flankerl

Before Levite went inactive he became a father.

It's only natural to assume that his kid killed him.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
What is a “liberal American Chabadnik”?
I'm liberal in my approach to politics and social issues. I tend to be inclusive rather than exclusive. I appreciate a mystical approach to Jewish practice. Pre-virus I davened at the Chabad house 3 times a week on average, and in general I like the Chabad approach to living a Torah lifestyle in the modern world, but... I'm not Shomer Shabbos, and my level of observance is very liberal.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Hi Dybmh, thanks for the background. You seem to be the kind of guy I will get along with. Kind of Conservadox with a twist of lib. I can’t say that I understand Chabadnics, but they generally like to drink ice-cold shlivavits on Shabbas, and thats ok by me ! And any friend of Baal Shem-Tov is a friend of mine !!

I'm liberal in my approach to politics and social issues. I tend to be inclusive rather than exclusive. I appreciate a mystical approach to Jewish practice. Pre-virus I davened at the Chabad house 3 times a week on average, and in general I like the Chabad approach to living a Torah lifestyle in the modern world, but... I'm not Shomer Shabbos, and my level of observance is very liberal.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Hi Flankie, do you remember me ? I think I remember you were an analytical chemist, and we shared some fun ideas about the creation of the universe

Before Levite went inactive he became a father.

It's only natural to assume that his kid killed him.

Flankerl

Yes I remember you

fetchimage