• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Austrians Need Constitutional Right to Pay in Cash, Mahrer Says

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member

Link:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...nstitutional-right-to-pay-in-cash-mahrer-says

-------

From the article:

"Austrians should have the constitutional right to use cash to protect their privacy, Deputy Economy Minister Harald Mahrer said, as the European Union considers curbing the use of banknotes and coins."

"'We don’t want someone to be able to track digitally what we buy, eat and drink, what books we read and what movies we watch,' Mahrer said on Austrian public radio station Oe1."

-------

I agree. While I do support alternative "currency" including digital, bitcoin, as well as "private" currency such as the Raam Mudra (TM) or the Republic of Texas currency, I think Americans also should have the constitutional right to use cash, or for that matter Raam Mudra.

What do you think?

five.raam.mudra.paper.note.currency.maharishi.vedic.city.via.fotki.com.jpg

Besides the constitutional right to use cash, if a community or a bank can issue their own currency, I think they should have the right to do so.

For example, let us say an investor has 200 million in gold bullion. I think that this investor has a right to purchase a bank, issue the bank's own currency backed by gold, and if others would like to make bank deposits but withdrawls in this currency and if some store such as a chain of grocery stores owned by the same investor takes this currency to buy vegetables, so be it. It doesn't mean the government cannot get their taxes later once total sales for one month are assessed and taxes offset by the excange rate against the FFR rate (not dollar) is made.

Like "Apple Bucks" for example, with a picture of a 1980s era Macintosh.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I agree. While I do support alternative "currency" including digital, bitcoin, as well as "private" currency such as the Raam Mudra (TM) or the Republic of Texas currency, I think Americans also should have the constitutional right to use cash,
I don't often agree with you.
But in this case I do. Using cash is the best way to keep the government in check.
Having a big firearm, but all you can pay with is plastic, is idiotic. If you think the government is your enemy, that is.
I don't have a gun. But I use cash nearly all the time. Because I don't trust "those people".
Tom

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
They have now started to get others to promote what is the ultimate agenda IMO, to take away our cash or private currency/bank notes.

There is now propaganda out there to take away/remove the $100 dollar bill. I am going heavy in cash of late because of the hacking and because I want anonymous transactions. For example, they are now using our credit card transactions to track our location.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/02/16/its-time-to-kill-the-100-bill/

The link (above) is propaganda to "kill the $100 bill"...

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Link:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...nstitutional-right-to-pay-in-cash-mahrer-says

-------

From the article:

"Austrians should have the constitutional right to use cash to protect their privacy, Deputy Economy Minister Harald Mahrer said, as the European Union considers curbing the use of banknotes and coins."

"'We don’t want someone to be able to track digitally what we buy, eat and drink, what books we read and what movies we watch,' Mahrer said on Austrian public radio station Oe1."

-------

I agree. While I do support alternative "currency" including digital, bitcoin, as well as "private" currency such as the Raam Mudra (TM) or the Republic of Texas currency, I think Americans also should have the constitutional right to use cash, or for that matter Raam Mudra.

What do you think?

five.raam.mudra.paper.note.currency.maharishi.vedic.city.via.fotki.com.jpg

Besides the constitutional right to use cash, if a community or a bank can issue their own currency, I think they should have the right to do so.

For example, let us say an investor has 200 million in gold bullion. I think that this investor has a right to purchase a bank, issue the bank's own currency backed by gold, and if others would like to make bank deposits but withdrawls in this currency and if some store such as a chain of grocery stores owned by the same investor takes this currency to buy vegetables, so be it. It doesn't mean the government cannot get their taxes later once total sales for one month are assessed and taxes offset by the excange rate against the FFR rate (not dollar) is made.

Like "Apple Bucks" for example, with a picture of a 1980s era Macintosh.

Not a fan of the idea of alternate currency, mostly because I live in a society with a regulated and stable monetary system.
But apart from that, I agree. People should have the option of avoiding eletronic transactions if they wish to. I don't, but I'm fine with others doing so.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
If you have negative interest rates as the only way to prevent a complete economic collapse since the governments in charge refuse to stop trying to make everyone dependent on them, the government, then there is less of a reason to put your money in a bank. You will lose money as you look at your bank statement faster than you would lose to inflation if you just stuffed the cash in a matress.

At some point, folks will start pulling out all the money and hold cold hard cash.

Banks are in big trouble without deposits. They make money in other ways as well, loans for example, but what sort of loans at no interest?

They will want to outlaw cash. Now central banks are pressing for removing $100 dollar bills. It won't stop there. They want to criminalize private currencies, even coupons and those "$25 dollars off", "15% off" cards that come in the mail and are turning into a form of currency.

Illegal aliens like to deal in cash, to be paid in cash, they buy using cash.

What happens when legal citizens are told they are no longer welcome as employees, and in fact due to new government regulations it is illegal for a business to hire legal citizens because such jobs are now reserved only for non-citizens as part of global trade agreements?

Such legal citizens may want to work illegally for cash.

Now let us say there is no longer cash.

Don't get me wrong. There is a time and place to raise interest rates, now is not the time and it will also collapse the markets. Only in a stable, growing economy, not a bear market and a sick weak and failing economy and increasingly joblessness for legal citizens while non-citizens take a declining pool of jobs.

Neither do I like this. Get some cash now. Or other things like gold, something. Fight any attempt to remove cash. In fact, also promote private currency. This is what they fear the most. Use community based insurance scripts as currency. Don't surrender yourself. It is unlikely those who want to remove and then outlaw cash will get what they want.

But they might try tricks to get others to go in that direction. In the end, they will fail. But in the interim they will mess things up even more. Because they are stupidly smart. They are no more smarter than most. Which isn't saying much. But they happen to be in the right place at the right time to mess things up more.