• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Auras

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Anyone here have any knowledge of how to see Auras ?; I am quite interested, but have seen little about it.:)

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I, personally, have never seen them, but I know some people who can. I'll get you some info. :)

Master Vigil

I know a bunch of people that see auras. But each of them see different things. I dunno, I feel its a bit sugarcoated of a concept.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I've just started to be able to see them again. When I was a kid, I'd see the outline of trees, wavering over the tree itself. As I've gotten older, I've lost the ability (though I didn't know what it was at the time) and have only (yesterday) recently regained it. I'll be working on moving up to seeing shape and colors, but for right now, I'm happy to just see outlines again. I'll get home and write how I do it onto disc and bring it to the library next time.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
I have met a few who claimed to be able to see them , and have no reason to doubt their word . But I have never been able myself . However , I do get " feelings " from people . ???

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Im just learning to see them. The ability to see requires you to work with your third eye chakra (the one in the area of your forehead and between your eyes) There may be other ways, but that is what I was told. Also, there is special equipment that will allow cameras to take a picture of your aura. I will post the picture of mine soon as a get it on my computer.

Fluffy

A fool
I have a friend who claims she can see peoples auras. She finds it very difficult to explain what they are but describes them as colour representations of people's emotions. One thing that struck me was her description of seeing someone depressed in a room of people. She said that his aura seemed to "infect" those of the people around him, clouding their auras.

This is not a belief on my friends part who is largely, very scientific, and has no religious affiliation. I do not know whether it is merely wishful thinking or if she genuinly cannot explain this phenonema which she is experiencing, however.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Fluffy said:
I have a friend who claims she can see peoples auras. She finds it very difficult to explain what they are but describes them as colour representations of people's emotions. One thing that struck me was her description of seeing someone depressed in a room of people. She said that his aura seemed to "infect" those of the people around him, clouding their auras.

This is not a belief on my friends part who is largely, very scientific, and has no religious affiliation. I do not know whether it is merely wishful thinking or if she genuinly cannot explain this phenonema which she is experiencing, however.
As an aside, I think I can understand your friend; I have read that auras can tell those who see them about health, emotions - of the person - as you said that your friend notices, by colours.

I have a theory that our brains, being constantly in a condition of 'firing' shots of electrical charges + those received from nerves throughout the body, must form some type of electromagnetic field.

The loosest version of an example of this is when we often say, I walked into the room, and you could cut the atmosphere with a knife - I would guess this to be a recognition of an unusually 'potent' field - which presumably represents discord - being subconsciously felt by us. I believe that this can also lead to a very plausible theory on telepathy, dowsing - and other claimed abilities.

I'd be interested to hear what your 'scientifically orientated' friend would think of my theory, if you feel that you could put it to her.:)

ayani

the idea of auras is interesting. i've seen kirlian photography and it's certainly interesting and beautiful.

occasionally i'll see something like a shimmer around a person and sense a spiritual strength with them, but i think alot of people get this feeling. like "wow what is it about that person... it's like they're glowing."

but i've never seen an aura like with colors and distinct shapes.

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
My aura is Reddy-brown. Apparently it means:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Muddied red: Anger (repelling),[/font]willpower, negative,
strong sexual drive:eek:,sensuality, vitality, raw energy.
May possess depression.

**Black has not an aura of itself for the fact that it is not actually a
color, but the absence of colours. It doesn't reflect any energy.

Still, the color meanings, although similar, differ from
believer to believer. If anyone here has knowledge on
them, please PM me:)

Strong sexual drive? Better get the ladies outta here damn fast:biglaugh:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi BSharp;

Thank you for those links -I will have a look at them as soon as I have time.

As this is your first post, I thought it would be nice to take the opportunity to welcome you to the forum.

You might like to have a look at :- Articles for New Members ; from there, there is a link to the forum rules, which you ought to see.

You might also like to think about introducing your self to the other members, by posting on:- Are you new to ReligiousForums.com?

I hope to see your posts, and I hope you will enjoy being here.:)

maggie2

I'm really interested in auras. I have seen them a few times. I can see them around trees and people. I have to unfocus my eyes to see them. I think that our auras are just an extension of our physical bodies only they are not made of the stuff of our physical body. I suspect that they have a strong spiritual component.

The most interesting thing I ever saw was the night my granddaughter was being born. Her mom was laying in bed and I was sitting near the foot of the bed in a rocking chair facing the head of the bed. There was a difused light streaming into the room and down through the top of my daughter's head and this lasted for hours. It started out fairly narrow at the ceiling but by the time it reached her body it encompassed her whole head. It was an amazing thing to see. I kept looking away thinking it would disappear but every time I looked back it was still there. This was an extremely moving spiritual experience for me and this is the first time I've ever told anyone outside my family about it.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
maggie2 said:
I'm really interested in auras. I have seen them a few times. I can see them around trees and people. I have to unfocus my eyes to see them. I think that our auras are just an extension of our physical bodies only they are not made of the stuff of our physical body. I suspect that they have a strong spiritual component.

The most interesting thing I ever saw was the night my granddaughter was being born. Her mom was laying in bed and I was sitting near the foot of the bed in a rocking chair facing the head of the bed. There was a difused light streaming into the room and down through the top of my daughter's head and this lasted for hours. It started out fairly narrow at the ceiling but by the time it reached her body it encompassed her whole head. It was an amazing thing to see. I kept looking away thinking it would disappear but every time I looked back it was still there. This was an extremely moving spiritual experience for me and this is the first time I've ever told anyone outside my family about it.
As Feathers has said, that's really lovely Maggie; I don't see Auras, but I believe I can 'feel' some sort of an energy field around any living being (I often think it may be the aura). The greater the 'field' the better the well-being of the person, or animal.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
gracie said:
the idea of auras is interesting. i've seen kirlian photography and it's certainly interesting and beautiful.
I saw a program on tv once about that. It had a man and a woman, placed their index fingers next to each other, almost touching, end to end. It showed 2 seperate auras. They started kissing passionately, and their auras joined! WHOOA!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Im getting "better" at seeing auras. I'll catch a glimpse of one once in awhile. Still got a long way to go though.