• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Askmuslims.com

flysky

Hey guys,

I just want to get comments or suggestions "after you visited this site". In advance this is not a spam because i am openly saying that it is a site to clear misconception people have about Islam. Let me know what you think and if you have any question I will be glad to answer them but remember no bad language and if you want to say something or ask question i recommend to e-mail from site. Thank you lot dude.
http://askmuslims.com

gen1615

I thought it was pretty good, although a bit brief. I think the only thing I would take issue with is the 'Non-Muslim' section in the A-Z of Islam. The description of the history of tolerance of other religions is idealised.

flysky

gen1615 said:
I thought it was pretty good, although a bit brief. I think the only thing I would take issue with is the 'Non-Muslim' section in the A-Z of Islam. The description of the history of tolerance of other religions is idealised.
What do you want us to improve? Please give us suggestions. We will really appreciate. Hope to hear from you and others soon.

gen1615

flysky said:
What do you want us to improve? Please give us suggestions. We will really appreciate. Hope to hear from you and others soon.
Cheers for your reply, flysky. Was expecting a put down, so credit to you!

I want to give you a balance suggestion, so give me a while and i will get back.

flysky

gen1615 said:
Cheers for your reply, flysky. Was expecting a put down, so credit to you!

I want to give you a balance suggestion, so give me a while and i will get back.
I will be waiting for your reply. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

gen1615

Flysky, here is another side of that story:

The site seems to claim that Muslims have been exemplary in their tolerance of other faiths. Whilst I accept that there were examples in support of this, I think that history shows that there were also many examples that are contrary to this claim.

Muhammad and his followers gained rule over Makka and Madina through war, eliminating and executing those that opposed him, such as the Quraishi of Makka and the Banu Quraiza of Madina. His successors extended the borders of the Islamic empire from the Atlantic to the Indus, defeating the Byzantines in 636 and the Sassanides in 637. Much booty was taken from the defeated peoples. Whilst Christians and Jews were protected, as well as their property and freedom of worship, this was in return for payment of special poll and land taxes. The imposition of heavy taxes on agricultural land compelled many non-Muslims to move from rural areas to towns, where their circumstances hardly improved, while increasing social and economic discrimination forced others to leave the country. For example, by the end of the 11th century, the Jewish community in Palestine had diminished considerably. Following the overthrow of the Crusaders by a Muslim army under Saladin (1187), the Jews were again accorded a certain measure of freedom, including the right to live in Jerusalem.

Jerusalem Under Arab Occupation.

Under Jordanian occupation Jewish residents were forced to leave their homes in East Jerusalem. Freedom of worship was not granted to Jews, and Christian pilgrims were subjected to heavy restrictions. The population of Christians reduced from 25,000 in 1949 to 13,000 in 1967. This was a result of Jordan's repressive measures.

Under Jordanian occupation Jerusalem was neglected. The Jewish Quarter of the Old City was ransacked and slums surrounded the Western Wall. Basic day-to-day necessities were neglected; water, plumbing, and electricity were lacking.

The Jordanian government allowed Jewish graves to be destroyed in the Mount of Olives by allowing a highway to be built that crosses the site.

G.

"There is no doubt that Israel did a better job safeguarding access to the city's holy places than did Jordan. There is unimpeded access today"- Former US President Jimmy Carter.

Fluffy

A fool
That page is getting bookmarked. I love projects such as this and find them to be incredibly noble, worthy and due a large amount of respect.

flysky

AH! good way to start gen1615, I can defend every single statement you said but I won't because I am not hear to argue with anyone. I am here to answer questions. But with all due respect I got to ask you this: Tell me which country has the highest Muslims population in the world and how did that country came into Islam, is it by war (like Crusaders) or by peace (by the way of there live)? Let me know that.

Next question: when you put this statement ""There is no doubt that Israel did a better job safeguarding access to the city's holy places than did Jordan. There is unimpeded access today"- Former US President Jimmy Carter." If muslims were so bad, Tell me who destroyed the Jews temple? and tell me till today who has the key to the gate of hole sites (Church gate key) of christians not by force but because they trust them?

I hope to hear from you soon and lastly if you want to argue about this kind of stuff I would recommend that you go to debate threads and use that because this thread is to answer the questions you have about Islam. Lastly don't judge it book by its cover (open the book with open mind and see its blessings)

Thanks my friend.

Should I go on with the list

gen1615

Dear Flysky, I have no desire to argue. I responded to your request. What is the point of asking for views if you only want those that agree with yours? I am not saying everything about Muslim expansion and relations to those of other faiths was negative (the example of those who hold the church key in Jerusalem is very positive indeed), but just pointing out that neither was your claim about complete tolerance true. I intend no offense. However, as offense has been cause, I apologise and I will leave the topic there.
G.

flysky

gen1615 said:
Dear Flysky, I have no desire to argue. I responded to your request. What is the point of asking for views if you only want those that agree with yours? I am not saying everything about Muslim expansion and relations to those of other faiths was negative (the example of those who hold the church key in Jerusalem is very positive indeed), but just pointing out that neither was your claim about complete tolerance true. I intend no offense. However, as offense has been cause, I apologise and I will leave the topic there.
G.
Its good to know that you have no intension to argue because every time people who want to start with this kind of questions are intending to argue instead of learning. Yes Islam did spread in some places with wars so did other religions but like i said the worlds largest Muslim population country was not spread with that and that should show you the whole image of Islam.
Secondly Regarding Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) if you learn the history of conquer of Mecca and what he said when enterning you will get the picture. If he wished he could have killed all those people on spot because they made his life so hard when he was in Mecca but no he didn't kill them, then what did he do? he let everyone go, what does that show.
But when you talk about tolerance I still stick to what the site says because you have to see why Muslims did what they did in some places. Example in Palestine you can't except Palestians to sit and cry when their properties and lives are stolen infront of them, so they defend and if you except them to be tolenent then you asking for something which is impossible for most of the human beings.

Pah

Uber all member
As a note to other readers of this Forum, all forums in Discuss Indidual Reliogions are restricted to expressing the faith of the individual religion. Comments in regard to a faith outside the specific religion are not allowed but seeking knowlegde by question is encouraged.

Thank you,
Pah

gen1615

Hi Pah!

You seem to be saying that someone has done something wrong? Who & how? I thought we were discussing Islam only.

G.

Pah

Uber all member
gen1615 said:
Hi Pah!

You seem to be saying that someone has done something wrong? Who & how? I thought we were discussing Islam only.

G.
It was just a precaution for how it should be discussed.

flysky

Thank you for your concern PAH and i really appreciate that. Just to be on save side i would like to say that gen1615 has not offended me in aways. She asked a general question which i have answered and both side are clear and I am actually waiting for gen1615's questions. Thank you once again for your concern and actually hope to get questions from you too.

gen1615

Hi Flysky, not sure if Pah was having a go at you or me. Doesn't matter anyway. I don't actually have any questions at this time. Thanks anyway. By the way, I'm a 'he' not a 'she'.
G.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Is it expected of a Muslim to try and convert other people to his religion?:)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
flysky said:
Hey guys,

I just want to get comments or suggestions "after you visited this site". In advance this is not a spam because i am openly saying that it is a site to clear misconception people have about Islam. Let me know what you think and if you have any question I will be glad to answer them but remember no bad language and if you want to say something or ask question i recommend to e-mail from site. Thank you lot dude.
http://askmuslims.com
Having glanced at your site just briefly, I must say I am very impressed. I'll have to go back and look at it more closely when I have time. I say, good for you!

Ahmadi

michel said:
I would say yes. Bringing people to the right path towards God should be considered a humane act.

flysky

Katzpur said:
Having glanced at your site just briefly, I must say I am very impressed. I'll have to go back and look at it more closely when I have time. I say, good for you!
First I have to make clear that it not my site. I am one of the volunteer.
We hope to hear from you soon. Thank for visiting the site and we hope to see you again and hope to hear from you too.

flysky

michel said:
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What Does Islam Say About Converting People in Religion?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A basic and fundamental truth established by the sacred texts of Islam (Quran and Hadeeth) is that: - No one can be compelled to accept Islam![/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is the duty of the Muslims to establish proof of validity of Islam to the people in order for the truth to be distinct from falsehood. Once that is done, whoever wishes to accept Islam may do so and whoever wishes to continue upon their belief may do so. No one is to be threatened or harmed in any way should they chose not to accept Islam.[/font]

002.256Let there be no compulsion in religion

I hope I answered your question "michel".