• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Asking for prayers

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Not going to mention who it is to respect her privacy tho some of y'all may already know. A toddler very close to me is getting a major surgery on her lungs on halloween. She has a hernia. The parent wanted me to pray for her even tho we different religions. I'm going to do so but i figured since said parent does believe in prayer I'd ask y'all who do pray to keep the child in your prayers. I usually don't put much stake in prayers regarding health, I always say they should be used in addition to science and doctors if they are used. I just figured prayer can't hurt.

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
I will pray for this child, and also ask my congregation to pray the Mi Shebeirach (Jewish entreaty to God for healing) for this child. I don't need know her name for the prayer, although usually we include the person's name in these prayers. I will let the congregation know that she is a toddler known to a dear friend of mine.

We are probably of a different religion from the child and the child's parent as well, but please let the parent know (if it will bring them any comfort) that we believe that there is no barrier to praying for the well-being of others, whomever they may be.

rocala

I usually don't put much stake in prayers
Ray, the thing I am happiest with about my spiritual beliefs, is that I am not a certainty man. I hover about the 90 - 95% likely. That does for me.
The beauty is I am not in a position to dismiss that much and I accept many possibilities. As a result I was more than happy to pray for this little one.
If you can, please let us know how she is getting on.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Not going to mention who it is to respect her privacy tho some of y'all may already know. A toddler very close to me is getting a major surgery on her lungs on halloween. She has a hernia. The parent wanted me to pray for her even tho we different religions. I'm going to do so but i figured since said parent does believe in prayer I'd ask y'all who do pray to keep the child in your prayers. I usually don't put much stake in prayers regarding health, I always say they should be used in addition to science and doctors if they are used. I just figured prayer can't hurt.
Sending prayer!!!

VoidCat

She went home today. I've been sent a picture of the incisions they are healing nicely. Obviously for privacy reasons will not be posting the pictures here. I also think that would be against RF rules(it might not be but even if it is allowed I wouldnt again cuz of privacy.). But trust me it looks to be healing nicely. She was in a little pain when she got home, was rubbing her stomach. Now tho she's not really acting like she's just had surgery keeps acting like a typical toddler, trying to ride a tricycle, and climb everywhere.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
She went home today. I've been sent a picture of the incisions they are healing nicely. Obviously for privacy reasons will not be posting the pictures here. I also think that would be against RF rules(it might not be but even if it is allowed I wouldnt again cuz of privacy.). But trust me it looks to be healing nicely. She was in a little pain when she got home, was rubbing her stomach. Now tho she's not really acting like she's just had surgery keeps acting like a typical toddler, trying to ride a tricycle, and climb everywhere.

Good news!

VoidCat

So i have some news...there was a scare Monday regarding the kid. They got scared the hernia reherniated. However apparently it's normal for some issues to occur with the intestines refluxing and the lung(im not well versed on medical stuff so I can't go too into detail im just saying my understanding based on what I was told im unsure exactly what the problem was)...so they did another X ray yesterday i think...she was fine however her meds were increased. Everything seems to be healing fine now

By the way this the type of hernia she had:

Her intestines were all up in that lung. I'm amazed at how science can fix this kind of thing.

VoidCat

Here's a picture of what CDH can look like...theres differences in severity I put it in spoilers in case someone gets uncomfortable looking at medical stuff
1700178724129.png

She'll be having another surgery on the 30th but for a different reason. This time for PFFD or Proximal Femoral Focal Deficiency combined with significant lower limb discrepancy(LLD). This surgery is major but it's not as major as the lung surgery I was talking about. She should recover fine. They'll be putting her hips in proper places and such and she'll need more surgery for this once she's older. For 6 weeks she'll be in a cast from the waist down after said surgery. I and the family thank you guys for yalls prayers. Im not going to share anything else regarding the child to continue protecting privacy as i dont want to give too much info, shes got a lot of disabilities and a lot of her medical problems are very rare as in some doctors havent ever seen them and can make her easily identifiable. The ones i listed i feel are common enough she shouldnt be identifiable from them. She's just someone very close to me. I likely wont give anymore updates publically to continue protecting privacy unless I feel it's ok to.

Last edited:

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I empathize with the parents of ill children. At times this emotional experience causes me physical distress. If this distress has any value may it buy a child good results in their struggle toward good health....I will pray for their future success.