• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Asking for help - a Gofundme for moving.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
We have 60 days to vacate, with no place to go unless we can find an apartment and pay the security deposit and mover’s fees.

I tried to donate using my debit card on your fundraiser page, but my bank did not allow it to go through (security in ROK is pretty strong). Do you have PayPal? If you have it, please send me a private message and let me know the email address of your PayPal account. I should be able to send you something that way. :)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I tried to donate using my debit card on your fundraiser page, but my bank did not allow it to go through (security in ROK is pretty strong). Do you have PayPal? If you have it, please send me a private message and let me know the email address of your PayPal account. I should be able to send you something that way. :)
Thank you very much. I do have PayPal. I will send you my e-mail addy. :)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Just an update...

I've made contact with some state agencies that exist solely to help residents, any age, with security deposits, first month's rent, and possibly ongoing rent subsidies. We probably qualify for the security deposit and first month's rent because of our income and situation. Payments are made directly to the landlord or corporation that owns and runs the apartment complexes. We're not going to rent from an individual owner given that we're gun shy now from our nightmare exerience with this one. Corporate aparment complexes know what they're doing and abide by the laws. Not like my psychonut landlord.

She's begun waging a psychological war by sending texts (3 so far) that read " Under instructions from my attorney this text is to serve as official notice that you vacate the residence by Mar. 5". I spoke with my attorney who said that is wrong and illegal on so many levels. We actually have until Mar. 31. I sent the psychonut a copy of my attorney's email. If they file a notice of eviction, we go to court and ask for a hardship stay of eviction. As luck would have it the representative from one of the assistance agencies and my attorney have worked together in front of the judge who handes tenant/landlord disputes. At the judge's discretion we could get an extension of up to 6 months.

We're making progress packing, have an estimate from a mover, and are hoping to get the assistance and find an apartment soon. We want to get out of here and get away from this psycho mad cow. She thinks we want to stay here... she couldn't be more wrong. For what it will be worth, though I know it will fall on deaf ears I'm going to pen a diatribe ripping the psycho a new one.. after we're gone. It will probably be nothing more than satisfaction for me. She will get hers though. I'm confident things will get better. I believe in the gods, and have faith. Good things have happened out of the blue, just when I thought things were at their worst.

But this is taking a toll on our health. We don't sleep properly, we don't eat properly, we're depressed, nothing is fun...
Let it take the joy you love, turn it to despair
You know you know better, you just don't care
(Chase the Feeling - The Devil makes Three, I speak movie quotes and lyrics fluently :D).

Thanks for listening to this unloading and venting.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Good things have happened out of the blue, just when I thought things were at their worst.

I rejoice at reading this. I am happy that the good things have been occurring.

But this is taking a toll on our health. We don't sleep properly, we don't eat properly, we're depressed, nothing is fun...

That's really awful. As you know, the psychonut who has been unjustly inflicting this upon you and yours will reap what she has sown.

Thanks for listening to this unloading and venting.

At your service. :)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I rejoice at reading this. I am happy that the good things have been occurring.

That's really awful. As you know, the psychonut who has been unjustly inflicting this upon you and yours will reap what she has sown.

At your service. :)
Oh yes, she will get hers. Especially as she escalates this. She filed a claim in court that the rent wasn't paid. But I have the bank confirmations by email and reflected on my account that the transfers/transmissions to her were successful. So, she filed a false claim. If and when it goes to trial and it's dismissed I can file a police report against her. Filing a false claim in court is the same as filing a false police report. To sweeten the pot, she returned the rent she allegedly never received. I want to see her explain that one. :D It's a common tactic landlords use. She'll claim again that the rent isn't paid and begin eviction proceedings. But that won't work. Again, as long as I have proof I paid, whatever she does is her problem, not mine. So like in the Loonie-Toons cartoons with the Roadrunner and Wile. E. Coyote, she has an Acme Dynamite Kit that's going to blow up in her face. And I want to be there to see it.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks for the bump. I don't want to be presumptuous and do it myself.

So where were we? Ah yes...

I've been in touch with some state agencies that render financial assistance. They can help with the security deposit and/or first month's rent. We saw some suitable apartments. It's just a waiting game and playing for time. My lawyer advised me to get a certified check for the rent and deposit it at the court into escrow because the psychomadcow is refusing the rent. Every month now, for however long we're here I have to drive 30 mins. one way to the court with the rent. She is going to draft a motion to dismiss this latest case based on falsehood. We're packing, dodging boxes and trying not to trip over them in the dark. We can't wait to get out of here and end this nightmare.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I've been in touch with some state agencies that render financial assistance. They can help with the security deposit and/or first month's rent. We saw some suitable apartments. It's just a waiting game and playing for time. My lawyer advised me to get a certified check for the rent and deposit it at the court into escrow because the psychomadcow is refusing the rent. Every month now, for however long we're here I have to drive 30 mins. one way to the court with the rent. She is going to draft a motion to dismiss this latest case based on falsehood. We're packing, dodging boxes and trying not to trip over them in the dark. We can't wait to get out of here and end this nightmare.

I hope you are out of there soon. The stress must be horrendous.

You reminded me by tripping over things in the dark. We had a young cat named Cleo. One night hubby was going to the toilet in the dark and tripped over her... The next moning over breakfast one of the children asked "what did dad scream out last night?" Quick as a flash with a spoonerism my reply was "Cooking Fat".
It became a he cats new name.

We Never Know

No Slack

In the dark? Don't know your situation but be careful. Living in a house or apartment where the utilities are available but shut off is illegal in many places.

Hope things get better for you soon.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I hope you are out of there soon. The stress must be horrendous.

You reminded me by tripping over things in the dark. We had a young cat named Cleo. One night hubby was going to the toilet in the dark and tripped over her... The next moning over breakfast one of the children asked "what did dad scream out last night?" Quick as a flash with a spoonerism my reply was "Cooking Fat".
It became a he cats new name.
Oh it is awful! I don't sleep very well, as much as I try to remain calm. I think what bothers me most is the way she came over that night and stood outside on the patio screaming at me and berating me. I didn't escalate it but my thought is "Who the **** are you to talk to me like that? Who do you think you are?" There's a word in Italian, cafone in our dialect pronounced gavone, that means a low class, trashy person. She's that.

I laughed at the cat story. That is cute. :D

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
In the dark? Don't know your situation but be careful. Living in a house or apartment where the utilities are available but shut off is illegal in many places.

Hope things get better for you soon.
Thanks. :) I mean at night when the lights are off. Why turn on the lights when you can walk into and trip over things? :D