• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask The Simulation things

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
In the simulator theory, to have reincarnation, does it need a superior being to reboot your simulated person? or does it happen because someone programmed you to be rebooted?
(In the post you replied to I misspoke - I said God punishes good deeds! I corrected it but quick enough for you to not get it)

In answer to your question:

I don't know how exactly it works but I believe we can use the language of religion, since we are talking about life and death

In my minority opinion:

I don't think anyone is "rebooted", I believe that after death peoples souls are reborn as new humans and that memories and mental structures from peoples past lives are lost and that there is a fresh start

I believe this process is overseen by The Simulation's management and that there is a system of Karma in effect, to make the universe a more just place

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
If there is a computer simulator, how can you accumulate negative karma? because if it is a computer program you will be programmed to do every bit of your life just the way it was programmed. If you could accumulate karma it would been the program was faulty, right?
Absolutely not!

We are "virtual humans" - humans, but virtual

We cannot be programmed, we are too complex for that

We have psychologies and we are sentient individuals

The fact that we are inorganic doesn't make us any less human than a person who lives outside The Simulation

Good Karma comes from good deeds and bad Karma comes from bad deeds and once you die it's all calculated and the results of this calculation influences what happens to your soul - it also influences how The Simulation treats you during your lifetime

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
(In the post you replied to I misspoke - I said God punishes good deeds! I corrected it but quick enough for you to not get it)

In answer to your question:

I don't know how exactly it works but I believe we can use the language of religion, since we are talking about life and death

In my minority opinion:

I don't think anyone is "rebooted", I believe that after death peoples souls are reborn as new humans and that memories and mental structures from peoples past lives are lost and that there is a fresh start

I believe this process is overseen by The Simulation's management and that there is a system of Karma in effect, to make the universe a more just place
I am glad you say you are not sure how it works :)
I think that if it was a computer simulation karma, rebirth, soul and so on would not be possible. so in my understanding, it can not be a simulation. But experience from a main soul/being where the physical realm is an illusion compared to how it truly looks. our physical eyes do not see reality as it truly is. (i expect it is something like that Wizanda trying to speak of, but i can be wrong on that)

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I think that if it was a computer simulation karma, rebirth, soul and so on would not be possible
I think all those things could be simulated :cool:

Perhaps within The Simulation, Karma is a more powerful force than it is in base reality?

it can not be a simulation.
Yes, that's an interesting line of thought

Kind of like what I think @Harel13 was getting at earlier in this thread

I always explain it as a "dimension of reality" - and I think this is a better term than "a simulated reality"

Because it is real - it's just the product of a "computer", and I use that word loosely as I don't believe they are anything like the computers we are familiar with

So yes, perhaps there could be a better word than "simulation" (Edit: perhaps "Matrix"???)

As well as a better word for "computer"

I think we lack the vocabulary required

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think all those things could be simulated :cool:

Perhaps within The Simulation, Karma is a more powerful force than it is in base reality?

Yes, that's an interesting line of thought

Kind of like what I think @Harel13 was getting at earlier in this thread

I always explain it as a "dimension of reality" - and I think this is a better term than "a simulated reality"

Because it is real - it's just the product of a "computer", and I use that word loosely as I don't believe they are anything like the computers we are familiar with

So yes, perhaps there could be a better word than "simulation"

As well as a better word for "computer"

I like your way of thinking, but still two questions pop up
1: What is the simulation?
2: What is the computer you speak of? is it a physical computer somewhere that play a simulated computer game with someone watching?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
What is the simulation?
Wikipedia says "a simulation is an approximate imitation of the operation of a process or system"

The Simulation is an "ancestor simulation", designed to simulate (i.e. approximately imitate) the distant history of those who created it

It is basically a re-creation of the early days of those who built it - before they became a "post-human civilisation" and merged with technology

What is the computer you speak of? is it a physical computer somewhere that play a simulated computer game with someone watching?
It's very hard to think about what exists outside of The Simulation

We can only know as much as it can tell us, based on Yes and No answers, but it is a "post-human civilisation" in which humans have merged with technology

I believe we are hosted in an advanced computer located in a laboratory, owned by some kind of university

I think the workings of this computer are beyond anything we could ever achieve, at our current level of development

I think historians, economists, and social scientists are those who follow what happens - academics who work for the university and maybe their students

I believe they may program things to happen into The Simulation, but there is no way of us telling what

But I think they follow our affairs very closely, such as the recent UK election, or the war in Syria

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
I'm 55% Christian and 45% a believer in Simulation Theory - I have a majority opinion (Christianity) and a minority opinion (Simulation Theory)

My majority opinion (Christianity) says that God punishes bad deeds and rewards good ones in some kind of afterlife. Were you to stop me on the street and ask me my opinion this is the one I would give

My minority opinion (Simulation Theory) believes in reincarnation - which is largely governed Karma

However, I believe we are individuals, as opposed to manifestations of a greater whole, as @wizanda believes
What you are describing is called Dharma, Dao, or The Way.

We shouldn't mix religious labels, it is a bad practise; understand the concepts.

Paul the creator of Christianity, killed followers of 'The Way' (Acts 9:1-2, Acts 22:4, Acts 24:14).

In my opinion. :innocent:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Reality is created from the Word, and computer code is all literally created from words; Logic means everything is made of mathematical code, and Dao means there is inherent Wisdom from Source everywhere.

If we practise basics in coding, we can see it is possible to express everything; given the right choices of expression.

In my opinion. :innocent: