• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me anything about my Satanism

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
No. Because of my age, I don't really have access to all of the Occult literature I want to read. I have some PDFs of LaVey's writings, even though my form of Satanism is much more spiritual.

There are plenty of PDFs of occult books especially by getting the Kindle app. I originally use to access Scribd as my main app to access LHP material documents, but Scribd has become quite greedy. Their are plenty of occult books on the LHP that you can find everywhere. Their are also various authors of the LHP such as Michael W. Ford in general.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Iv'e been getting deeply into Seth[emoji3]

The more interest you gain in Set, the more interest It seems to gain in you. I've heard the ToS say that Set is rather elusive and only interacts a few times in your life, but this is not what I've personally found.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
I have some PDFs of LaVey's writings, even though my form of Satanism is much more spiritual. I agree with a lot of his philosophy. I just think there is a lot more of a spiritual side to it than most LaVeyan Satanists think.

LaVey is perhaps a writer than can open up your mind to certain things. His Devils notebook opened my mind and perceptions a lot. But in my view I tend to think that the WLHP is something to explore more in general instead of just exploring one persons philosophy. I primarily do subscribe to the ideologies of LaVey, however Iv'e grown perhaps more open to various writers of the WLHP in general.

Premium Member
No. Because of my age, I don't really have access to all of the Occult literature I want to read. I have some PDFs of LaVey's writings, even though my form of Satanism is much more spiritual. I agree with a lot of his philosophy. I just think there is a lot more of a spiritual side to it than most LaVeyan Satanists think.

There are plenty of PDFs of occult books especially by getting the Kindle app. I originally use to access Scribd as my main app to access LHP material documents, but Scribd has become quite greedy. Their are plenty of occult books on the LHP that you can find everywhere. Their are also various authors of the LHP such as Michael W. Ford in general.

Stairway to Heaven by Peter Levenda, which discusses the symbolism of the circumpolar stars, specifically Ursa Major. Egypt only takes up a chapter, but the rest of the book is worth the read.

The Sacred Tradition in Ancient Egypt by Rosemary Clark, which is an extensive look into ancient Egyptian ideology.

The Seven Faces of Darkness by Don Webb, which is an interesting introduction into Set, specifically as related to the Coptic texts. A more classic occult book that is half history and half ritual book.

The Mysteries of the Tempe of Set by Don Webb, which looks specifically at modern Setian ideology. This includes background, as well as many in Temple essays.

Seth: God of Confusion, by H. Te Velde, which is arguably the best historically and objective look into the god Set, not only as he originally was but his many different forms throughout Egyptian history. This book is insanely rare and pricey, unless you find the free PDF, of course!

The Temple of Set Volumes I and II by Michael Aquino, which both look into the ancient Egyptian view of Set (mainly pre-Osirian), as well as the modern Setian movement. You may also want to check out Church of Satan Volumes I and II.

Lords of the Left Hand Path by Stephen Flowers, which covers the “First Form of Darkness” throughout most of history and most cultures. Extremely thorough, capped with a deep look into both the Church of Satan and Temple of Set.

The Invention of Satanism by Asbjorn Dryndal, James Lewis, and Jesper Peterson. This is an objective look into the history of Satanism from ancient to modern. Greatly clarifies the difference between like romantic Satanism, hell fire clubs, and modern Satanism. Also contains a wealth of statistical data.

Mindstar by Michael Aquino, a book that really gets into Aquino’s argument for the existence of Set. Lays out the idea of an isolated self, the core of modern Setian theology. Also includes some historical information on Set. Dr. Aquino seems to often repeat himself throughout his texts, but it’s worth looking past.

The Book of the Law by Aleister Crowley, because a modern occultist should at least have a basic understanding of this text, regardless of their affiliation. Its ripples cannot be easily recognized.

Overthrowing the Old Gods by Don Webb, containing his and Michael Aquino’s AL commentary.

The Dark Lord by Peter Levenda, which discusses the Typhonian Tradition of Kenneth Grant. A fantastic though controversial work.

The Undiscovered Self by Carl Jung, from a time when psychologists could more openly recognize the individual Self. As a Jung text, it contains much ramblings and condescension, but great ideas.

The Works of H.P. Lovecraft. This, of course, is fiction, but there is a lot of interesting symbolism to be found in these works with the knowledge of the above recommendations.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
The more interest you gain in Set, the more interest It seems to gain in you. I've heard the ToS say that Set is rather elusive and only interacts a few times in your life, but this is not what I've personally found.

Iv'e always felt the need to pray or communicate to Seth. Understanding that most people of the WLHP do not bow down to any deities, I myself for some reason would always feel the need to consider myself that of Seth or at least invoke him. But at the same time I would not bow down to him.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Stairway to Heaven by Peter Levenda, which discusses the symbolism of the circumpolar stars, specifically Ursa Major. Egypt only takes up a chapter, but the rest of the book is worth the read.

The Sacred Tradition in Ancient Egypt by Rosemary Clark, which is an extensive look into ancient Egyptian ideology.

The Seven Faces of Darkness by Don Webb, which is an interesting introduction into Set, specifically as related to the Coptic texts. A more classic occult book that is half history and half ritual book.

The Mysteries of the Tempe of Set by Don Webb, which looks specifically at modern Setian ideology. This includes background, as well as many in Temple essays.

Seth: God of Confusion, by H. Te Velde, which is arguably the best historically and objective look into the god Set, not only as he originally was but his many different forms throughout Egyptian history. This book is insanely rare and pricey, unless you find the free PDF, of course!

The Temple of Set Volumes I and II by Michael Aquino, which both look into the ancient Egyptian view of Set (mainly pre-Osirian), as well as the modern Setian movement. You may also want to check out Church of Satan Volumes I and II.

Lords of the Left Hand Path by Stephen Flowers, which covers the “First Form of Darkness” throughout most of history and most cultures. Extremely thorough, capped with a deep look into both the Church of Satan and Temple of Set.

The Invention of Satanism by Asbjorn Dryndal, James Lewis, and Jesper Peterson. This is an objective look into the history of Satanism from ancient to modern. Greatly clarifies the difference between like romantic Satanism, hell fire clubs, and modern Satanism. Also contains a wealth of statistical data.

Mindstar by Michael Aquino, a book that really gets into Aquino’s argument for the existence of Set. Lays out the idea of an isolated self, the core of modern Setian theology. Also includes some historical information on Set. Dr. Aquino seems to often repeat himself throughout his texts, but it’s worth looking past.

The Book of the Law by Aleister Crowley, because a modern occultist should at least have a basic understanding of this text, regardless of their affiliation. Its ripples cannot be easily recognized.

Overthrowing the Old Gods by Don Webb, containing his and Michael Aquino’s AL commentary.

The Dark Lord by Peter Levenda, which discusses the Typhonian Tradition of Kenneth Grant. A fantastic though controversial work.

The Undiscovered Self by Carl Jung, from a time when psychologists could more openly recognize the individual Self. As a Jung text, it contains much ramblings and condescension, but great ideas.

The Works of H.P. Lovecraft. This, of course, is fiction, but there is a lot of interesting symbolism to be found in these works with the knowledge of the above recommendations.

Ive read some books such as the "invention of Satanism," I am currently reading "Seth God of confusion," I have however been hesitant on reading some of Aquinos works. With me I more or less do not like to read repeating histories of organizations such as the Church of Satan in general, but I am still thinking about trying to give Aquino a read on his books. I remember accessing a temple of set draft by him on a PDF format, I was originally looking for the temple of set volume 1 on pdf.

Premium Member
Ive read some books such as the "invention of Satanism," I am currently reading "Seth God of confusion," I have however been hesitant on reading some of Aquinos works. With me I more or less do not like to read repeating histories of organizations such as the Church of Satan in general, but I am still thinking about trying to give Aquino a read on his books. I remember accessing a temple of set draft by him on a PDF format, I was originally looking for the temple of set volume 1 on pdf.

Cos and ToS are a lot of history, but Mindstar is pure theory, as in Mindwar. The others have great individual chapters, which is worth the $15 on Kindle for me, at least for ToS volume I.

Premium Member
Iv'e always felt the need to pray or communicate to Seth. Understanding that most people of the WLHP do not bow down to any deities, I myself for some reason would always feel the need to consider myself that of Seth or at least invoke him. But at the same time I would not bow down to him.

It's not accident Set carried titles such as Great In Magic, Majestic, Golden, Great In Strength, etc.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Cos and ToS are a lot of history, but Mindstar is pure theory, as in Mindwar. The others have great individual chapters, which is worth the $15 on Kindle for me, at least for ToS volume I.

I think the tos volume 1 is free on kindle.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
I have some PDFs of LaVey's writings, even though my form of Satanism is much more spiritual.

Iv'e always been more of the philosophical type of the WLHP but I have lately felt some Spiritual thoughts getting in to me in general.

I agree with a lot of his philosophy. I just think there is a lot more of a spiritual side to it than most LaVeyan Satanists think.

You think?

"Could it be that when he closes the gap between himself and his "God" he sees the demon of pride creeping forth - that very embodiment of Lucifer appearing in his midst? He no longer can view himself in two parts, the carnal and the spiritual, but sees them merge as one, and then to his abysmal horror, discovers that they are only the carnal - AND ALWAYS WERE! "

The god you save may be yourself, from the Satanic Bible.

You should probably stop pretending you know what you are talking about at some point and actually take the time to learn what you are talking about.

LaVey had a term for people like yourself - instant expert.

VioletVortex

You think?

"Could it be that when he closes the gap between himself and his "God" he sees the demon of pride creeping forth - that very embodiment of Lucifer appearing in his midst? He no longer can view himself in two parts, the carnal and the spiritual, but sees them merge as one, and then to his abysmal horror, discovers that they are only the carnal - AND ALWAYS WERE! "

The god you save may be yourself, from the Satanic Bible.

You should probably stop pretending you know what you are talking about at some point and actually take the time to learn what you are talking about.

LaVey had a term for people like yourself - instant expert.

I put this in the section that doesn't allow debates for a reason- and a good one at that.

Please don't post anything like that again.

I wasn't debating, I was correcting misinformation.

But since you chose to necro this old thread, which is in fact a Q&A thread, I'll reitterate in the form of a question; Do you often speak out of the wrong end of your body?

Or how about this one; Do you not realize that there are people that actually do know about the things you pretend to know reading this?

Or how about this one; Do you know what hubris means?

VioletVortex

I wasn't debating, I was correcting misinformation.

But since you chose to necro this old thread, which is in fact a Q&A thread, I'll reitterate in the form of a question; Do you often speak out of the wrong end of your body?

Or how about this one; Do you not realize that there are people that actually do know about the things you pretend to know reading this?

Or how about this one; Do you know what hubris means?

Hubris is extreme pride. I have no idea how I demonstrated hubris.

I don't know what I said that you didn't like.

VioletVortex

Okay. I guess you are right. I'm a 16 year old moron who found Satanism two years ago and made a thread presenting himself as a messiah or a figure to be looked up to. No. I created this thread out of boredom.

Do you know why I included the word "my" into the title of the thread? I did that because what I say here is representative of my own opinions and has nothing to do with yours, or those of any other Satanist. I was bored, so I wanted to kill time and educate a few people about Satanism from my perspective.

I never said or attempted to present myself as some sort of Satanic expert.