• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me about ancient Egypt

River Sea

@Tamino @Bthoth @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

How many acres of land that's black soil or what kind of soil were needed to grow enough crops in KMT for what type of crops to use to make lots of straw to make burn-baked bricks? How come Exodus 5:7 says, "You are no longer to supply the people with straw for making bricks; let them go and gather their own straw."

Last edited:

Tamino

@Tamino @Bthoth @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

How many acres of land that's black soil or what kind of soil were needed to grow enough crops in KMT for what type of crops to use to make lots of straw to make burn-baked bricks?
Emmer and barley were main crops of ancient Egypt. There was probably more than enough straw available, just as a by-product of grain production.
Burn-baked bricks, on the other hand, were sparsely used... A bit more towards the late period .
How come Exodus 5:7 says, "You are no longer to supply the people with straw for making bricks; let them go and gather their own straw."
I have no idea why it says that. Perhaps the author thought that this would be an obvious way to show how the pharao is making conditions worse for the Israelites or something?

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Emmer and barley were main crops of ancient Egypt. There was probably more than enough straw available, just as a by-product of grain production.
Burn-baked bricks, on the other hand, were sparsely used... A bit more towards the late period .

I have no idea why it says that. Perhaps the author thought that this would be an obvious way to show how the pharao is making conditions worse for the Israelites or something?
I think we have to look at other locations for the Exodus.

Tamino

Legends have historical roots.
Yes, exactly my point.
I believe that the exodus story has its roots in the experiences of Levantine tribes who migrated between Egypt and the Levante... maybe voluntary, looking for work and better living conditions, or perhaps involuntary, being kidnapped as forced labor by an Egyptian army or being pushed out again due to some kind of conflict.
Those experiences were retold in stories, and those different stories influenced the writers of the bible.

That way you get a narrative with some plausible and accurate bits, such as naming the city Piramesse and having figures with Egyptian names, but not consistent as a historical event.

Bthoth

*banned*
Then as you say @Bthoth nomads were Arabs 1400 BC then what happened next, to KMT then afterwards KMT increased land that's called Levant.
The word 'arab' means 'nomad', 'wonderer'
How come Moses-Krishna had to defeat Ethiopia when? All to so he can marry Tharbis
No idea
Couldn't Moses-Krishna just be happy with a different women so wouldn't need to defeat Ethiopia. Now I understand why many wanted to kill Moses-Krishna which they did, they murdered Moses-Krishna I can see why now
No idea about the 'moses-krishna' scope. Lots of history of the ethiopians connected to egypt curture but i have no idea of the moses angle.
Not sure when Moses-Krishna was murdered, do you know when @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

@Tamino do you think Moses-Krishna was murdered?

See ahkenatan/thustmose for that .

Krishna? little blue guy? With the 16,000 wives?

Was any of the Pharaohs ever murdered if so how come?

Bthoth

*banned*
The problem is that we do not know whether the Egypt and Ethiopia of the OT are the present places. All we know is that the geography depicted in the OT does NOT match with them.
Torah is not the benchmark for history. Kush is the label and kingdom before ethiopia and the Kush actually took over egypt around 1500 BCE.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Torah is not the benchmark for history. Kush is the label and kingdom before ethiopia and the Kush actually took over egypt around 1500 BCE.
Names like york and london have migrated from Europe to america. Biblical cush lived c. 3000 bce. Is the name cush found in Egypt before 3000 bce? If yes, then bible may have taken from egypt. If no, then egypt may have taken from biblical cush.

River Sea

@Bthoth
I thought Moses, who's Krishna, left the Indus Valley at 1445 BC; I've seen, however, recently 1500 with the little c. I recently learned that the little 'c' means approximately. So one could write 1500 c., and that would also articulate 1445 BC, am I understanding correctly? But then, what about 1400 c? Would that also be able to articulate 1445 BC?

So when you wrote around 1500 BCE, that would mean the same as if you wrote 1500 c. because you included the word around?

Oh who's this? Firon was a tyrannical pharaoh from where? Do you know anything about Firon?

And what is this: The Valley of the Whales

an article by Lara Iskander

Quote by Lara Iskander: Today, the area is occupied by numerous excavation sites of whales, sharks, petrified mangrove bushes, a wide variety of fossil plants and various other remains of the prehistoric sea. One is bound to come across petrified corals, shark teeth and fossil remains scattered all over the valley.

My @River Sea question is: So by the time people lived in KMT, there were no whales or sharks to eat. What happened to the water, and did the lack of water cause red and black soil? What foods did they eat then at KMT?

Last edited: