• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Ashoka

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
What is your opinion of the nudist cause and nudist camps and such things?

Do you know how to make a paper airplane? Classic or jet style?

If a person knows origami and makes little origami figures easily, how much attractiveness does this add to them? If attractiveness were on a scale from 1 to 10 how many points would this skill add?

Does Lucy have a crush on Charlie Brown? Does she respect him at all or not at all?

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
What brought you to Shaivism?

Hinduism has always been so interesting to me, and I remember reading about it in school and just being so mystified by the stories of Rama and Krishna. But Shiva...I was always intrigued by Him the most. They called Him the Destroyer, and I wanted to know more. I learned about Shaivism and the different sects, and Shaiva Siddhanta clicked with me (the Tamil monistic sect). I just always loved Shiva, and the beliefs of Shaivism really resonated with me. That's when I learned that Shiva is not just destroyer...he is creator, preserver, revealer and concealer. He's everything (in my view).

What's even funnier is that I started off loving and praying to Ganeshji, and I always say He was the one who led me to Shiva.

You doing Pongal on Friday?

Yes! I am going to do a small celebration. You?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
On accounting ledgers which column means that you have spent some money?

If I have a three legged dog, and you have a three legged dog then do we have 2 dogs or almost 2 dogs?

There is an island where nothing ever happens. Has anyone ever been there?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Yes! I am going to do a small celebration. You?
We're celebrating with community at temple. Last year I did it on the back deck, as temple was closed. The weather has warmed here considerably, so it'll only be -5 C or so, and the priest won't freeze like in some years. They always buck it up, and go outside shirtless to beseech Surya. Amazing dedication when it's -30. You can't even see the pot for the steam on those days. We're watchers more than participants, but everyone there will add some grains to the pot.

Happy Pongal!

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
On accounting ledgers which column means that you have spent some money?

If I have a three legged dog, and you have a three legged dog then do we have 2 dogs or almost 2 dogs?

There is an island where nothing ever happens. Has anyone ever been there?

I didn't know there was going to be a test!