• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map,"

jeffweg

greatcalgarian said:
How did the Nobel award one third of the peace prize to Arafat if the Palestinians he led did not concede anything towards the peace?
those were the major players in the talks. Do you really see them picking two out of three politicians and getting away with it?

jeffweg

greatcalgarian said:
You have made some very good observations. However, I think if you dig deeper, you may be able to find more than what you observed and presented above. Try to see:
(1) Israel has many of nationalistic powerful people all over the west, they have the keenness in seeing a homeland for Jews
(2) US is making use of (I would say encouraging) the Israel conflict with the Arab in order to continue their control of the oil resource in middle east
(3) The Arab leaders are not keeping their people happy by taking an anti-Israel stand, this trick is slowly slipping away, and Osama has awakened their sense that they have been really working with if not for the West for decades, just so the wealth will flow into those few. This is the killing factor for the middle east peace, and balance of conflict. Even US now is not possible to keep the balance, as the realization and uprising (US call it Alqadi terrorism) will result in unforseeable shift in power. Hence Sharon has to tuned down and try to accomodate to win back support of some middle stand not so extreme Arab.
(1) Israel uses the position of its people to keep it secure. But the Arab states try to use their power over oil production to get what they want. I don't see how this is wrong by either side. They are just using the assets they have.
(2) I've heard this brought up hundreds of times, but I've never seen a good explanation of how a war helps ensure "control" over oil. All war does is decrease stability, thus decreasing oil output. And the only "control" we have over oil producing countries in the Middle East is the fact that we have an economy they depend on. If they wanted to sell their oil to other countries they could do so, but they wouldn't get as much money as we pay them, so they continue to compromise with us in order to keep the cash flowing in. But we compromise with them to keep the oil flowing to us. Again, I don't see how either side is wrong--it's just economics. I do think that painting these "poor Middle Eastern countries" as our pawns is pretty far off the mark though.
(3) I haven't really noticed Arab leaders losing the effectiveness of their anti-Israel stand. And I think that the killing factor in middle east peace is the fact that one side wants total annihilation of the other and the second side wants to survive. These two idealogies are incompatible so I don't think peace will happen until either Israel agrees to let themselves get wiped out :sarcastic or the Arabs decide to live peaceably with Israel in existence.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
greatcalgarian said:
You mean the world Jews resides only in Israel and US? Or you mean Jews staying other part of the world are not Jews?
i mean that the world jewish population is concentrated in 2 locations the US and Israel...

as a side note in the next year or 2, if the demographers are right, Israel will be the home to the majority of the world's jewish population, taking the place of the US as the jewish population in this country is dwindling

almifkhar

i read an article the other day from theran times and they retracted this story. they went on to basically say that they felt it their duty to warn the world about zionism.

all i have to say is this, this whole situation is really dangerous and scares the hell out of me. i really don't like all this nuclear talk.

thanks jewscout for the education.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
almifkhar said:
i read an article the other day from theran times and they retracted this story. they went on to basically say that they felt it their duty to warn the world about zionism.

all i have to say is this, this whole situation is really dangerous and scares the hell out of me. i really don't like all this nuclear talk.

thanks jewscout for the education.
I think it scares everyone, but when press such as the article that you red is biassed and false, how can you expect Iranians to react ?

almifkhar

michael
biassed probably, false, how are we really to know that it is false. because our leaders say it is means that it is? both sides have an agenda and so do our countires. this means that none can be trusted by peace loving people.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
almifkhar said:
michael
biassed probably, false, how are we really to know that it is false. because our leaders say it is means that it is? both sides have an agenda and so do our countires. this means that none can be trusted by peace loving people.
Probably; that is the very sadest aspect of humanity.

almifkhar

i totally agree with you michael. it is sad indeed. sucks when we have to get our heads out of the clouds and take a realistic look around. i was crushed and depressed when i took my first relaistic look. but i look at it like this the good far outweigh the bad in this world and this is what keeps me going.

greatcalgarian

jewscout said:
i mean that the world jewish population is concentrated in 2 locations the US and Israel...

as a side note in the next year or 2, if the demographers are right, Israel will be the home to the majority of the world's jewish population, taking the place of the US as the jewish population in this country is dwindling
You are so accurate. Frubal to you. So now we can understand and know where the strong support of US on Israel come from:D

Poor Jews who were in Europe, wonder where they have gone to? Those who survived the holocaust must have all moved to Israel. Why aren't the American Jews moving back to Israel?

1. OVERVIEW (top)

The worldwide Jewish population is 13.3 million Jews. Jewish population growth worldwide is close to zero percent. From 2000 to 2001 it rose 0.3%, compared to worldwide population growth of 1.4%.

In 2001, 8.3 million Jews lived in the Diaspora and 4.9 million lived in Israel. Just about half of the world’s Jews reside in the Americas, with about 46 percent in North America. (top)

Approximately 37% of worldwide Jewry lives in Israel. Israel's Jewish population rose by 1.6% the past year, while the Diaspora population dropped by 0.5%.

Europe, including the Asian territories of the Russian Republic and Turkey, accounts for about 12 percent of the total. Fewer than 2 percent of the world’s Jews live in Africa and Oceania.

Metropolitan Tel Aviv, with 2.5 million Jews, is the world's largest Jewish city. It is followed by New York, with 1.9 million, Haifa 655,000, Los Angeles 621,000, Jerusalem 570,000, and southeast Florida 514,000.

In 2001, 8 countries had a Jewish population of 100,000 or more; another 5 countries had 50,000 or more. There is not a single Diaspora country where Jews amounted to 2.5 percent of the total population. Only 3 Diaspora countries had more than 1 percent. Gibraltar (24.0 per 1000), United States (20.1), Canada (11.9), France (8.8), Uruguay (6.7), Argentina (5.3), Hungary (5.2), and Australia (5.1)[1] had the highest ratios.

greatcalgarian

jeffweg said:
(1) Israel uses the position of its people to keep it secure. But the Arab states try to use their power over oil production to get what they want. I don't see how this is wrong by either side. They are just using the assets they have.
(2) I've heard this brought up hundreds of times, but I've never seen a good explanation of how a war helps ensure "control" over oil. All war does is decrease stability, thus decreasing oil output. And the only "control" we have over oil producing countries in the Middle East is the fact that we have an economy they depend on. If they wanted to sell their oil to other countries they could do so, but they wouldn't get as much money as we pay them, so they continue to compromise with us in order to keep the cash flowing in. But we compromise with them to keep the oil flowing to us. Again, I don't see how either side is wrong--it's just economics. I do think that painting these "poor Middle Eastern countries" as our pawns is pretty far off the mark though.
(3) I haven't really noticed Arab leaders losing the effectiveness of their anti-Israel stand. And I think that the killing factor in middle east peace is the fact that one side wants total annihilation of the other and the second side wants to survive. These two idealogies are incompatible so I don't think peace will happen until either Israel agrees to let themselves get wiped out :sarcastic or the Arabs decide to live peaceably with Israel in existence.
Not convincing arguement, please read
http://www.oilempire.us/
In the above web, many strong arguements on the "oil control"

Do you know why the French, the Germany, and the Russia were against US going into Iraq? Because they are on the road of reaching good deals with Sadam regarding Iraq oil. And if US and UK did not go in to remove Sadam and destabilized Iraq, the French, Germany, and Russian are laughing now. Perhaps Chinese also have a share in Iraq oil deal as well:eek:
Who is controlling the flow of Iraq oil now? Though disrupted and low in output, nevertheless, is something that is on the way to US and UK, and nothing for those who are not with us.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
greatcalgarian said:
You are so accurate. Frubal to you. So now we can understand and know where the strong support of US on Israel come from:D
again we see the interchangability of the term Jew and Zionist. But don't worry your poor little head greatcalgarian those mean ole jews in the US are going away thanks to intermarriage and assimilation

greatcalgarian said:
Poor Jews who were in Europe, wonder where they have gone to? Those who survived the holocaust must have all moved to Israel.
for the most part, yes they did, or they came to the US

greatcalgarian said:
Why aren't the American Jews moving back to Israel?
many are and the numbers are only increasing
JAFI, a quasi-governmental organization, predicts that Israel will welcome about 2,000 North American immigrants through the five flights scheduled this summer and 3,000 immigrants by the end of the year. Not since 1983, when 3,806 North American Jews settled on Israeli soil, have there been such high numbers, according to Israel's Ministry of Immigrant Absorption.
http://www.jafi.org.il/papers/2005/aug/aug07crnt.htm

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
almifkhar said:
i totally agree with you michael. it is sad indeed. sucks when we have to get our heads out of the clouds and take a realistic look around. i was crushed and depressed when i took my first relaistic look. but i look at it like this the good far outweigh the bad in this world and this is what keeps me going.
Welcome to the real world. :D

greatcalgarian

jewscout said:
again we see the interchangability of the term Jew and Zionist. But don't worry your poor little head greatcalgarian those mean ole jews in the US are going away thanks to intermarriage and assimilation
I remember reading somewhere that the 12 tribes son of Israel dispersed throughout the world, but the one tribe that moved into China could hardly be traced. It was rumoured that that tribe got assimilated into the Chinese race.

In the case of America, which has only over 200 years of history, assimilation into a single race is going to take a long long time. But I do believe that if US citizen actively promote intermarriage, the intermingling of all types of color may eventually produce another yellow color race like in China.:D

All Zionists are Jews, but not all Jews are Zionists. My poor little head can still understand that:biglaugh: . Further than that I am not too familiar, such as are all Zionists 100% Jews origin? I remember reading definition of American native, can be 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 etc. So in the definition of Jews, do we have those definition as well? Or is it anyone who believes and accepts Judaism is a Jew? Or can a Zionist be a Christian, an atheist etc?:help: