• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map,"

Yerda

Veteran Member
From this story: Ahmadinejad: Wipe Israel off map

His comments were the first time in years that such a high-ranking Iranian official has called for Israel's eradication, even though such slogans are still regularly used at government rallies.
Is this a new motion to rally the Muslim predominated region to attack Israel?

If Iran is striving toward nuclear arms development, this is a bleak message for the future.

almifkhar

it really makes one wonder if israel is the real reason for the call to war against iran. seems to me that considering israel has this great military force why do we have to sacrifice our brothers and sisters in the drama? why cant israel fight its own battles?

almifkhar

so it dosent bother you to know that if you are of fighting age, that one day you may be drafted to fight someone elses battles? battles that really don't have consequence to us?

The Black Whirlwind

I wouldn't mind for fighting for Israel. I am an ethnic jew. Anywhere else, no. I would be willing to fight if it actually helped my country.

almifkhar

now that is the little problem. this is not about religion no matter how hard these countries try to say it is. this is all about coroprate geo politics and nothing more.

so tell me, how do you feel about our young men dying for the french in vietnam? would you have been willing to lay down you life for the french? i don't think we should be fighting anyone elses fights what so ever. if israel and iran have a problem with each other, so what let them solve the problem on their own. either way, we the americans will benefit.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Oh, if this just doesn´t sound kinda like when Congressman Tancredo was talking about bombing Mecca!

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Is this a new motion to rally the Muslim predominated region to attack Israel
nothing new about it.

the question is it just saber-rattling or is it the prelude to real action...
here's hoping it's just hot air from a politician trying to gain popular support and nothing more...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
jamaesi said:
Oh, if this just doesn´t sound kinda like when Congressman Tancredo was talking about bombing Mecca!
I hope you're right, Jamaesi, that this is nothing more important than the rantings of a fool like Tancredo. But I fear that it might be something more serious than that, a prelude to action.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
almifkhar said:
why cant israel fight its own battles?

Because they would destroy all their enemies and having to see hundreds of thousands, if not tens of millions of people wiped off the face of the earth is something no one wants.

turk179

I smell something....
almifkhar said:
it really makes one wonder if israel is the real reason for the call to war against iran. seems to me that considering israel has this great military force why do we have to sacrifice our brothers and sisters in the drama? why cant israel fight its own battles?
If you look back in history you will notice that Israel really doesn't need much help. They are a little speck on the map and they have taken on bigger and tougher countries with little problem. Their intelligence is one of the best organizations in the world. Usually Israel has no problem with fighting their own battles. The one question I have for you is If we have the capabilities to save a country from a nuclear strike and didn't do anything about it, would you be able to live with the death of millions of innocent lives? As much as I hate war, I don't know if I would be able to.

delta0021

0rion said:
The one question I have for you is If we have the capabilities to save a country from a nuclear strike and didn't do anything about it, would you be able to live with the death of millions of innocent lives? As much as I hate war, I don't know if I would be able to.
This would have been a great example of where the extended U.S. missile shield would have come in handy. Its too bad everyone looked at the budget and decided to move away from the idea. Something like this could save thousands of lives at war if Iran knew a missile strike aimed at Israel or U.S. troops in the Middle East was no longer an option in front of them.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
almifkhar said:
now that is the little problem. this is not about religion no matter how hard these countries try to say it is. this is all about coroprate geo politics and nothing more.

so tell me, how do you feel about our young men dying for the french in vietnam? would you have been willing to lay down you life for the french? i don't think we should be fighting anyone elses fights what so ever. if israel and iran have a problem with each other, so what let them solve the problem on their own. either way, we the americans will benefit.
I'm not sure I agree with you, but it's an interesting view to consider that this is a flap between Israel and Iran that is no business of ours.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Sunstone said:
I'm not sure I agree with you, but it's an interesting view to consider that this is a flap between Israel and Iran that is no business of ours.
However much you (and others) might like to see it as such, there will be some who will make sure that they make it their business.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
michel said:
However much you (and others) might like to see it as such, there will be some who will make sure that they make it their business.
I know you're right, Michel, but I have my days when I wish we could just let the whole Middle East rot in its own hell and have nothing whatsoever to do with it. If such wishes came true, pigs would fly, eh?

greatcalgarian

According to the conspiracy theorists, this is another plot of the CIA, where the Iran is lured to issue that call to give the US the pretext to attack Iran, so as to divert US failure in Iraq.

Nothing to do with the Israel question.

Remember, it was also "known" that Sadam was purposely provided with the intelligent that he can attack Kuwait, and US will not make a big fuss out of it. Another of the conspiracy theory that remained unproof but float around for a long long while. Though other conspiracy theories have frequently being shown to be true, such as the WMD in the case of Iraq.

greatcalgarian

Did you know:
A report published earlier this week by Al Watan, a Saudi newspaper, said that Israel proposed to the United States to strike Iran on several occasions this year.
The paper said that the latest proposal was made a few days ago during the Knesset Defense and Foreign Affairs Committee’s visit to the U.S., when the Committee members attempted to “market one agenda: Launching a war on Iran.”:149:
http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi%2Dbin/conspiracy%5Ftheory/fullstory.asp?id=265

Would you consider then that the first post about Iran asking to eradicate Israel is a "Pre-emptive" strike, as advocated by US.:banghead3