• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As I See The Future Of COVID -19

Skwim

Veteran Member

Short of some darn good preventative measure or a darn good cure for COVID-19, my prediction is that the virus will eventually run out of victims, killing 1% to 27% (age dependent figures) of those it infects while leaving all others to suffer through and survive the disorder. If it doesn't mutate into a drug resistant strain.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Hard to argue against your assessment. I would prefer if Australia could keep it contained until a vaccine is produced but I can't see it happening and not for the 18 months or so that a vaccine will take.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There's enough avenues of very promising medical research for me to not agree with the OP. I expect one or more to be effective enough to drive the death toll way down until a vaccine is available.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Hard to argue against your assessment. I would prefer if Australia could keep it contained until a vaccine is produced but I can't see it happening and not for the 18 months or so that a vaccine will take.
Contained? No, we are out of the possibility of containment. We are in phase 2: mitigation.
Containment would be when the virus was restricted to a certain area or group.
China claims to have done that with the Wuhan region. But it got out and spread through all the world, so that claim is bs.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Contained? No, we are out of the possibility of containment. We are in phase 2: mitigation.
Containment would be when the virus was restricted to a certain area or group.
China claims to have done that with the Wuhan region. But it got out and spread through all the world, so that claim is bs.

Sorry, wasn't trying to claim it was contained, it was my preferred option, more of a wish.