• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As Above, So Below.

Electra

So, i see this term thrown around a lot.

Mostly, the other are referting to planetary movements.

Lately I have been having a thought, as we see in 'our world' there is starting to be a power struggle, we are at a trough of vibration as a collective, that is slowly starting to incline.

Do you think that maybe 'in the heavens' this is also happening? a power struggle?

Hm...

Open to any thoughts you have about 'as above, so below'

Grandliseur

So, i see this term thrown around a lot.

Mostly, the other are referting to planetary movements.

Lately I have been having a thought, as we see in 'our world' there is starting to be a power struggle, we are at a trough of vibration as a collective, that is slowly starting to incline.

Do you think that maybe 'in the heavens' this is also happening? a power struggle?

Hm...

Open to any thoughts you have about 'as above, so below'
Things percolate down. The problem in the heavens has been cleaned up, the legalities finished. If satan still is there or not is only a question of time, or not.

Now, we await the last few things that have been foretold. Since they have been foretold, they will not be permitted to go undone. One thing I pay a little attention to is the development of laser weapons. That is one of the prophecies where we are told that before the end, mankind will be able to call down fire from heaven.

Of course, space cadets may not have that much interest in that, might be too spaced out, or something like that (no insult intended, only trying for some dark humor):firstqmoonface:

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
The term is Hermetic in origin and not an extremely accurate phrase given the modern scientific knowledge. Basically it's the theory that anything perceived to happen on a large scale or above also happens on a smaller scale or below. I've only ever seen "as above, so below" in a neo-Pagan/occult context referring to the cosmos. Although I also read that it was originally a longer phrase but I honestly don't recall it. It's probably findable in any online Hermetic resource.

Electra

Things percolate down. The problem in the heavens has been cleaned up, the legalities finished. If satan still is there or not is only a question of time, or not.

Now, we await the last few things that have been foretold. Since they have been foretold, they will not be permitted to go undone. One thing I pay a little attention to is the development of laser weapons. That is one of the prophecies where we are told that before the end, mankind will be able to call down fire from heaven.

Of course, space cadets may not have that much interest in that, might be too spaced out, or something like that (no insult intended, only trying for some dark humor):firstqmoonface:

Yes. I believe they are in no-time so in 'reality' it is. Although, it is like how we see stars that in 'reality' are not there.

Je, I hope not everything that someone has foretold comes to fruition. I am sure that the e.t's can do that already, as they have destroyed some missiles we have tried to use. We will probably end up reverse engineering that as we have done with many other things.

interest in what?

love me space

Electra

The term is Hermetic in origin and not an extremely accurate phrase given the modern scientific knowledge. Basically it's the theory that anything perceived to happen on a large scale or above also happens on a smaller scale or below. I've only ever seen "as above, so below" in a neo-Pagan/occult context referring to the cosmos. Although I also read that it was originally a longer phrase but I honestly don't recall it. It's probably findable in any online Hermetic resource.
That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above, corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracles of the One Thing."

Kapalika

Premium Member
Satan rules both the heavens and the earth. That's what I take from it. What I mean is, the functions of macrocosm and microcosm are intrinsically linked. The reflections of the cosmos and the self are mutual in a continual self-looping mechanism of interaction and transformation.

Electra

Satan rules both the heavens and the earth. That's what I take from it. What I mean is, the functions of macrocosm and microcosm are intrinsically linked. The reflections of the cosmos and the self are mutual in a continual self-looping mechanism of interaction and transformation.

Do you think there has been struggle with another force for this ruling?
Do you think that they at one point also dipped in consciousness like we have?

Kapalika

Premium Member
Do you think there has been struggle with another force for this ruling?
Do you think that they at one point also dipped in consciousness like we have?

Perhaps it wasn't apparent in my post but it isn't possible for such a struggle to exist. They have an intrinsically linked interdependence.

I termed the source of that dynamic "Satan" but there are perhaps better terms.

Traditionally Shiva is said to be the most transcendent within Trika. I am using Satan here to connotate the role of the causal agent of both the Shakti and Shiva. Perhaps from another point of view we could call this Rajoguna, Kali, or maybe even paraparashakti? I feel with that last one I might be reaching a little bit with my current understanding..

However my point is, Satan is a symbol. The innate truth beneath it is what matters (most).

As such I don't believe in any kind of literal heaven or hell, earth or heaven interpretation. I'm decidedly Hindu. There can't be any struggle as there is no counterpart to "God" as you will.

Silverscale derg

I take the term to mean as the heavens are run so is the earth.

And I take it as dragons eat you humans yet you humans taste gross. Above as in we get fed and below as the bad taste. You revolted me with your post on my question of a dragon being killed you monster

Silverscale derg

Baphomet (I suck at spelling) is the symbol used to refer to this statement, he's a goat headed creature holding one hand up with a white moon, one hand down with a black moon. A symbol like the yin yang that shows that good can not live without evil, nor can evil live without good or in another words predators can't live without prey, prey can't live without predators

Electra

Baphomet (I suck at spelling) is the symbol used to refer to this statement, he's a goat headed creature holding one hand up with a white moon, one hand down with a black moon. A symbol like the yin yang that shows that good can not live without evil, nor can evil live without good or in another words predators can't live without prey, prey can't live without predators
Imo this symbol/archetype is a representation of non duality by accepting both traits in Self. I am light and dark, I am good and evil, I am a predator and a prey, I am masculine and feminine. If you think you are just one of these you are just lying to yourself to form an ideal self in your boundaries.

Silverscale derg

Imo this symbol/archetype is a representation of non duality by accepting both traits in Self. I am light and dark, I am good and evil, I am a predator and a prey, I am masculine and feminine. If you think you are just one of these you are just lying to yourself to form an ideal self in your boundaries.

I gave an example, no one is strictly one or the other, wolves are predators but at the same time prey. Lizards are a better example. They're predators to insects but humans hate and kill them so they're prey to humans.

Branches

It means all religion is based on the personification of space.

God hates religion.. It puts him into Adams box, and Adam into your box. Moses is not God. Do not put him above your own abilities to connect with God.

Religion... Inspired by, not fact-checked or approved by God.

Electra

"If it is There, it is Here and if it is Here, it is There, and if it is not Here, it isn't There, and if it isn't There, it isn't Here."