• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As a vegetarian

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
As a vegetarian transitioning to a vegan diet with a few vegetarians in my family, meat does seem to consistently give us stomach aches whenever we accidentally ingest it.

This is part of the reason why it's illegal to feed a vegetarian meat. It's considered a form of battery.
So is it also illegal to feed a carnivore vegetables?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Hope you're ok now. In my case, its usually milk before going to bed that gives me stomach aches. Also a heavy meal gives me cramps. So i try to avoid them.
North Indians and (I suppose) Pakistanis delight in milk.For many, it is a bed-time ritual, a glass of hot milk. It was so for my grandpa. I like tea (brewed the Indian way with sugar and milk), coffee.

Wife bringing a big glass of milk on the first night together is a must in many communities (enhances sexual prowess).
Coin.JPG

Last edited:

The Crimson Universe

What you guys say reminds me that I used to have a Jewish friend who shared an interesting story with me. What he told me was he was at a friend's house one day, and he decided to have what his friend was having for dinner. When my friend tasted it, he noticed that it was a meat that he never had before. Soon, he found that it did not agree with his system, and it made him vomit. Then, he asked his friend what kind of meat it was. Turns out it was pork. Isn't that interesting? He never had pork before, and his system was incapable of handling it.
Have you ever tried Hummus? I would like to try it someday. :)

I suspect that synth-pops might not give you cramps. :tongueout:

Synthpops and Synthwaves usually transport me to the 80s, where i'm driving a Testarossa thru the highway at night and my Mullet hair blowing in the wind. No cramps but only eargasms. ;)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Never do that, that is the cause of un-treatable Kuru disease (a prion disease). However, it does not happen all the time. We have a few cannibals in Indian jails, who encountered no disease.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Today I was eating some food i thought was fully made by vegetabiles but I got really stomachacke after some time, so I looked at a little leftover I had...and what da heck o_O it was meat in the food :confused:

I did not sign up for meat in my food.? flipping heck :D

Well its to late now, but now I know what will happen if I later get meat in my food and eat it...pain in stomach

I'm not quite a vegetarian, as I eat dairy, fish and poultry. Specifically the chickens I raise
for this, and slaughter myself according to Kosher law. IDK if this has a name or not.

But I no longer eat any mammals. It's partially a Kosher thing, and partially my own view.

But, anytime I now eat mammal, (by accident, rare) I get very sick and throw up.
Weird that my stomach accepts poultry and not mammal?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm not quite a vegetarian, as I eat dairy, fish and poultry. Specifically the chickens I raise
for this, and slaughter myself according to Kosher law. IDK if this has a name or not.

But I no longer eat any mammals. It's partially a Kosher thing, and partially my own view.

But, anytime I now eat mammal, (by accident, rare) I get very sick and throw up.
Weird that my stomach accepts poultry and not mammal?
I could be wrong but I think red meat is more damaging to our body than white meat.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Have you ever tried Hummus? I would like to try it someday. :)

Yes. I like hummus. As everybody says, 'Once you try hummus, you no longer stand on a non-Mediterranean isthmus.' :tongueout: (Please, readers, memorize that phrase and repeat it to people.)

Synthpops and Synthwaves usually transport me to the 80s, where i'm driving a Testarossa thru the highway at night and my Mullet hair blowing in the wind. No cramps but only eargasms. ;)

Of course, it would be mullet hair for you. :tongueout:

Never do that, that is the cause of un-treatable Kuru disease

What is the cause?

I'd say look up semitarian and flexitarian.

At a 'friend's' house?

Well, some people are ignorant. I imagine the guy's friend thought only Muslims don't consume swine.

yoglica

Spiritual journey to enlightenment
Vegetarian diet has gained popularity recently because of its health benefits. Vegetarian diet mainly concentrates on plant based diet, milk and its byproducts. As a vegetarian, you can't eat meat, fish, egg, etc.If you are a Vegan then you will also be excluding milk and its byproducts.

There are 3 major categories according to ayurveda
Sattvic , Rajasic , Tamasic

Vegetarian diet and its importance in spiritual advancement