• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Artists and Painters

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
So, I have an interesting business endeavour I would like to try, but I do not have the artistic skills needed to accomplish my goals.

Anyone willing to help a fellow out? Willing to take on a commission?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So, I have an interesting business endeavour I would like to try, but I do not have the artistic skills needed to accomplish my goals.

Anyone willing to help a fellow out? Willing to take on a commission?
What do you need help with @The Hammer :) What form of artistic skills do you see as valid for being able to help you? If i do have the skils you require i might be in on it :)

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
What do you need help with@The Hammer :) What form of artistic skills do you see as valid for being able to help you? If i do have the skils you require i might be in on it :)

I'd like to create a Tarot deck, based on a premise I haven't seen around yet.

So, if I pull it together it would be 78 individual designs for the cards themselves, plus the back of the card's design.

Not 100% sure on what type of art direction to take. Watercolor paints, digital design, or even hand drawn could work.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'd like to create a Tarot deck, based on a premise I haven't seen around yet.

So, if I pull it together it would be 78 individual designs for the cards themselves, plus the back of the card's design.

Not 100% sure on what type of art direction to take. Watercolor paints, digital design, or even hand drawn could work.
So it is a project that will be over some time :) Personally i am not a lot in to Tarot (reading) but i do not see a problem in taking part in drawing a few example of some cards, but when you know a little more about what form you wish the cards to be made in, water color, or hand drawn, i would say my own best skill would be in drawing by hand

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
So it is a project that will be over some time :) Personally i am not a lot in to Tarot (reading) but i do not see a problem in taking part in drawing a few example of some cards, but when you know a little more about what form you wish the cards to be made in, water color, or hand drawn, i would say my own best skill would be in drawing by hand

It is a more time oriented project yes. I've only recently started pushing around the idea, and talking about it out loud helps to solidify it's premise. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It is a more time oriented project yes. I've only recently started pushing around the idea, and talking about it out loud helps to solidify it's premise. :)
This may sound like a crazy idea, but does it exist tarot card made by photography? and not drawing, painting and so on?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
This may sound like a crazy idea, but does it exist tarot card made by photography? and not drawing, painting and so on?

Potentially, yes. And I'll keep it in mind, But I don't know if photography will have the same symbolic effect I'd eventually want to incorporate. Lots of symbolism is used in drawing up the cards.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Potentially, yes. And I'll keep it in mind, But I don't know if photography will have the same symbolic effect I'd eventually want to incorporate. Lots of symbolism is used in drawing up the cards.

Can i suggest a good graphics program, Photoshop if you have a bit of spare cash or Gimp which is free but a little limited compared to Photoshop. It should be up to he task you have in mind, import symbols and position themy on your template with several output file formats to suit your local print shops needs.

Spent 20 years doing similar work, if you need anything PM me, perhaps i could help