• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Art you like

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Tobias and the Archangel,Tobias is asking the Archangel "how many surrealists does it take to change a light bulb" the answer is in his hand
tobias-and-archangel-rafael-2285-mid.jpg

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Goya Colossus,i think i like this painting because Colossus stands like a prize fighter and somehow seperate from the rest of the painting
goya-colossus2.jpg

Dezzie

MARK RYDEN- I went to one of his galleries a couple of years ago and his works are even more stunning in person. Pics can't capture the hues, the sheer oddity and disturbing nature within. He lives nearby and we've bumped into him occassionally but I have yet to get the courage to thank him. He's just plain awesome:
Fountain-by-Mark-Ryden_small.jpg

I really like Mark Ryden. I just searched for more of his art. It is really different. I love it. I think he is one of my other favorites now. This one is freaky looking but it is so cool at the same time:

mark_ryden.jpg

Zephyr

Moved on
Thanks for showing those Mark Ryden pics. His stuff is pretty rad.

Hopefully this will work as a link because it is indeed freaky as hell, but I kind of liked the artwork from the old "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" books. The stories weren't so scary. Kinda freaky campfire-style stories for kids, but the artwork was absolutely nightmarish, even now that I'm an adult. I mean, what the crap was http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9085/sc33bu8.jpg doing in a children's book?

^^^^Don't click that if you don't like freaky pictures, unless you get really curious. It's kind of disturbing for a black and white sketch. It's actually pretty mild compared to some of the stuff in the books. Be thankful I didn't post the animated version where she winks every few seconds. Scared the crap out me first time I saw it.

Dezzie

Thanks for showing those Mark Ryden pics. His stuff is pretty rad.

Hopefully this will work as a link because it is indeed freaky as hell, but I kind of liked the artwork from the old "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" books. The stories weren't so scary. Kinda freaky campfire-style stories for kids, but the artwork was absolutely nightmarish, even now that I'm an adult. I mean, what the crap was http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9085/sc33bu8.jpg doing in a children's book?

I used to love those books when I was little. I have all of them still. The pictures are creepy.