• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Zoroastrians Abrahamic or Dharmic?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The Zoro DIR should be open to non Zoroastrians who are partial to the faith and ex Zoroastrians
You can request it in site feedback, but anybody participating in Zoroastrian Dir who isn't Zoroastrian is breaking rule 10 and I cannot change that. It is a forum wide restriction, mainly because it saves me and other moderators a lot of work and helps keep the peas from whirling.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
You can request it in site feedback, but anybody participating in Zoroastrian Dir who isn't Zoroastrian is breaking rule 10 and I cannot change that. It is a forum wide restriction, mainly because it saves me and other moderators a lot of work and helps keep the peas from whirling.
But dude there's like, one Zoroastrian here. If we only let MD respond the DIR would be even more dead. No-one is breaking rules needlessly, and we were all civil in offering our contributions. I'll be the one to say, I think applying Rule 10 to the Zoroastrian DIR is a joke.

Lorgar-Aurelian

But dude there's like, one Zoroastrian here. If we only let MD respond the DIR would be even more dead. No-one is breaking rules needlessly, and we were all civil in offering our contributions. I'll be the one to say, I think applying Rule 10 to the Zoroastrian DIR is a joke.
Don't worry i'll become a Zoroastrian so we can have more Zoroastrians to respond.

Lorgar-Aurelian

I'm an ex-Zoroastrian, so I often feel as though I can respond lol.
See then I could become like a Zoroastrian Ex muslim. I think that would annoying some muslims and therefore bring me joy. I've often thought of converting to preislamic Arabian paganism because I thought it would annoy muslims.

insanul kamil

I don't think Sufis practice Islam. They practice syncretism and pluralism, which goes against the very concept of the rasoolallah and the nature of their prophet.

True Islam is expansionism imo, the rest of it is basically a more civilized, neutered or watered down version of that.
it is so disappointing to read this, especially by a member who sounds so well-read.

ronki23

I'd like to say that these Zoroastrians are Irani (surname) and they specifically go for Infant Jesus in Prague. I believe they live in Dadar Parsi colony. Their daughter in law does no-meat Thursday Shirdi Sai Baba fast but otherwise they eat beef.

Sai Baba was a Muslim imo. He didn't pray to idols, he was buried at not cremated, and partook in Namaz. Wikipedia

Saibaba was revered by prominent Zoroastrians such as Nanabhoy Palkhivala, Farhaad Panthaky and Homi Bhabha, and has been cited as the Zoroastrians' most popular non-Zoroastrian religious figure.[47]

Meher Baba, who was born into a Zoroastrian family, met Sai Baba once, during World War I, in December 1915. This event is considered as the most significant in Meher Baba's life. Shri Sai Satcharita (Sai Baba's life story), makes no mention of Meher Baba but Lord Meher, the life story of Meher Baba, there are numerous references to Sai Baba.[39]

Meher Baba, who claimed he was an (the) Avatar, credited his Avataric advent to Upasni, Sai Baba, and three other Perfect Masters: Hazrat Babajan, Hazrat Tajuddin Baba, and Narayan Maharaj. He declared Sai Baba to be a Qutub-e-Irshad (the highest of the five Qutubs, a "Master of the Universe" in the spiritual hierarchy).[48] This classification of avatar and satgurus and the associated name is applied within the Meher Baba community alone.

MD

qualiaphile
it is so disappointing to read this, especially by a member who sounds so well-read.

If you want you can start a new thread and enlighten me, that would be great.

I lived most of my life around sunni Muslims, they hold similar if not more extreme views.