• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You the Next Messiah?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
1690297890878.png

Have you ever thought that you maybe the next Messiah? Perhaps a prophet, messenger, on a mission from God to teach the "Truth" of God to the rest of the world?
What Is a Messiah (or Savior) Complex?

Just wondering how common it is.

A person once told me everyone/anyone has the potential of becoming the next Messiah or prophet of God except they lack the faith in themselves, in God.

Kind of a scary idea though, that you only need to believe strongly enough in being the Messiah to be the Messiah.

We've had a few Messiahs post on the RF. I've meet a couple IRL. Sometimes they even managed to get quite a following. Many even having stories of miraculous events accompanying them.

So knowing this Messiah complex is a real thing, how do you choose to trust any of the messengers from the past? Folks like Jesus, Mohamed, Mirza Husayn ‘Ali Nuri, etc?

You have faith but perhaps what you have faith in is a common human psychosis.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Have you ever thought that you maybe the next Messiah?

Nope. But i know at least one guy who thinks he is and is properly pissed off that the government are not paying him 10 grand a week for his support

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Have you ever thought that you maybe the next Messiah? Perhaps a prophet, messenger, on a mission from God to teach the "Truth" of God to the rest of the world?
Well, periodically.

Well, mostly.

Well, yes.

Checked myself back into psychiatric services, have my first appointment halfway through August.

Last time I was in medical services they gave me the max dose of 2Generation antipsychotics to treat delusional thinking, and then they supplemented that with a 1Generation antipsychotic when that wasn't enough.

It treated my messiah Complex more or less, began to feel so miniscule like I was just a mortal man. Off the meds for half a year now and well I am certain humanity is entirely dependent on me for their salvation. But to save humanity would be to forsake my sanity and well being. And I am not selfless. I'd rather live a life with less stress where I focus on myself rather than trying to save humanity from eternal damnation.

So I'll give the doctors another shot.