• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You Really God's Favorite????

Bird123

A person trying to convert me to their religion told me that to be a child of God one had to believe in God, follow their holy book and believe everything that holy book says. According to this person not everyone is a child of God.

Being a child of God over not being a child of God would make a person, being a child of God, one of God's favorites. Are any of you God's favorite????

I have seen that favorites always get special treatment. Are believers really getting special treatment over others?? I don't see it. Adversity seems to show up at everyone's door from time to time in life. If God does not give believers special treatment, are they really favorites at all??

I see things much differently. I don't see that it's all about good or evil, child of God or not child of God, favorites or discarded, These seem to be the creations of mankind. They say we are all created in God's image but all too often I see that people create the image of God into what they want God to be.

From a neutral stand, God can not have favorites. Further, if God is Unconditional Love. Our actions could not determine whether we were a child of God or not.

I see adversity or the challenges in our lives as a direction of discovery in the learning process. With this in mind, adversity and challenges must come to all, and since we are all at a different level of knowledge, our adversities and challenges can not all be the same.

Finally, God is supposed to be at a Higher Level. If the judge makes a divorced father pay for child support for his creation whether that father claims that kid or not, should not God also be responsible for God's creations too?? How can God be at a Higher Level discarding kids as not being God's children???

As I see it, religion comes with many beliefs and stories. I must have the Real Truth add up completely.

What do you think??

allfoak

Alchemist
A person trying to convert me to their religion told me that to be a child of God one had to believe in God, follow their holy book and believe everything that holy book says. According to this person not everyone is a child of God.

Being a child of God over not being a child of God would make a person, being a child of God, one of God's favorites. Are any of you God's favorite????

I have seen that favorites always get special treatment. Are believers really getting special treatment over others?? I don't see it. Adversity seems to show up at everyone's door from time to time in life. If God does not give believers special treatment, are they really favorites at all??

I see things much differently. I don't see that it's all about good or evil, child of God or not child of God, favorites or discarded, These seem to be the creations of mankind. They say we are all created in God's image but all too often I see that people create the image of God into what they want God to be.

From a neutral stand, God can not have favorites. Further, if God is Unconditional Love. Our actions could not determine whether we were a child of God or not.

I see adversity or the challenges in our lives as a direction of discovery in the learning process. With this in mind, adversity and challenges must come to all, and since we are all at a different level of knowledge, our adversities and challenges can not all be the same.

Finally, God is supposed to be at a Higher Level. If the judge makes a divorced father pay for child support for his creation whether that father claims that kid or not, should not God also be responsible for God's creations too?? How can God be at a Higher Level discarding kids as not being God's children???

As I see it, religion comes with many beliefs and stories. I must have the Real Truth add up completely.

What do you think??
Your entire point of contention is based on the idea that somehow God has abandoned his creation.
That is not possible since the entire thing resides in His mind.

Kemosloby

Premium Member

What do you think??

You're right, God doesn't pick favorites. God seperates the wheat from the tares by who picks God. Those who pick God become heirs to Gods kingdom. Gods adopted children, bound for sonship and the inheritance that comes with it.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Being a child of God over not being a child of God would make a person, being a child of God, one of God's favorites.
Based on what, exactly?
As a member of this forum, I am one of the forums "favorites"?

Why do you think favourites HAVE to get special treatment?

Further, if God is Unconditional Love. Our actions could not determine whether we were a child of God or not.
This just does not make any sense.
Perhaps you left out some pertinent parts?

I agree.
What I fail to understand is how you can think that being one of gods children means you will never have any adversities or challenges.

Huh?

What do you think??
I think you are presenting partial thoughts which without the context make no sense.

McBell

You're right, God doesn't pick favorites. God seperates the wheat from the tares by who picks God. Those who pick God become heirs to Gods kingdom. Gods adopted children, bound for sonship and the inheritance that comes with it.
Prophets...

Bird123

Your entire point of contention is based on the idea that somehow God has abandoned his creation.
That is not possible since the entire thing resides in His mind.

Aren't those who are not children of God abandoned in the end? That is what I have been told.

Bird123

With that in mind, God does not Love Unconditionally. Further, does that mean I can claim my kids are not my kids then stop paying that child support?

McBell

With that in mind, God does not Love Unconditionally. Further, does that mean I can claim my kids are not my kids then stop paying that child support?
What makes you think that god is bound by man made laws?

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk

"bound for sonship"

So you can only get into God's kingdom if you have a penis?

Kemosloby

Premium Member

I believe if your children find new parents you can stop paying child support. Am i right, if they are adopted by another father you're free from paying child support?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
"bound for sonship"

So you can only get into God's kingdom if you have a penis?

I knew someone was going to say that. I can't quote the whole bible though. God shows no respect for male or female, and the metaphor sonship is just a metaphor. meaning women too can achieve sonship.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Bird123

Based on what, exactly?
As a member of this forum, I am one of the forums "favorites"?

Why do you think favourites HAVE to get special treatment?

This just does not make any sense.
Perhaps you left out some pertinent parts?

I agree.
What I fail to understand is how you can think that being one of gods children means you will never have any adversities or challenges.

Huh?

I think you are presenting partial thoughts which without the context make no sense.

Favorites do get special treatment even if it comes down to getting more attention.. Look closely.

According to my friend trying to covert me, there is a different between being a child of God or not.

If there are conditions to being a child of God, that means the love is not Unconditional.

allfoak

Alchemist
Aren't those who are not children of God abandoned in the end? That is what I have been told.
Here is the problem.
The original message of the Bible has been severely compromised.
The message that has been propagated for many centuries is a message designed to keep the general population under control.
The original message has the ability to set people free from government and church control.