• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you an old soul, or a new one?

kaat

Storm Animal
I am sooooooo old......

saw it in a dream
a late night walk about....and I caught my reflection in a glass window

ancient..... is the word

as a car came passing by slowly (speed bumps in the street)
I hopped up on the trunk to steal a ride

no one could see me
I was sure of it for the lack of reaction

a very old spirit am I.....

Hey, man, if I may ask, what do you think might account for this polar opposite difference between, say, you and I?

Martin

kaat

Storm Animal
I might need a bit of clarification on how you are thinking about this, @kaat. I don't really use the word "soul" much. From my point of view, what you're talking about sounds like one's attitude or approach to life. Some the sense of wonder common to children into adulthood, or other qualities more common to children. Does this sound kinda like what you are getting at with your use of words like "soul?"

Right on the money, sir. I had a difficult childhood, and in many ways, haven't really grown up.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I have acquired the ubiquitous nickname "The Old Man." I seem to be very past the notion of living life for pleasure and seeking a place in the world. I more so seem not to care and not to think about what floats by me.

My girlfriend always tells me I am like a second father to her and has called me her dad a few times it just bothers me so much to think she believes this. Most of my friend groups call me a sage or a master of living because I seem to be past them yet always with them.

Yup I am old :D

kaat

Storm Animal
Suppose, for those who feel in touch with their 'soul age', there is another explanation for being in touch with such a feeling ... (and forgive me for often going into Buddhist territory - it's new to me as a commitment) ... could it be our "rebirth status" if reincarnation were real? For me, reincarnation is one of a few areas of Buddhist belief that I question.

This reminds me of a study I heard a scientist explain recently. I guess the study was to see if there might be an explanation for why schizophrenics hear voices. This guy thinks there is ... he speculates that eons ago, when we had very little in the way of communications devices, then direct spoken commands were very important.

He says, imagine a farmer telling a worker to go out to the back field, head south until the river, and dig up some of the compost there. A fairly complex instruction, when you have nothing to record it with. So the worker repeats the command to himself, trying to memorize it and keep it straight. If this continues, it may be that the worker ends up "hearing" his master's voice, . Neat, eh? So then the issue that schizo-affective disorders have might just be a throwback of sorts.