• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there single fathers, who never married, with children in the West?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
I agree. Real domestic abuse is any kind of treatment from one spouse that makes the other spouse wish to be away from the abuser.
Criminal domestic abuse is abuse severe enough to cause damage.
They would both be victims though:

vic·tim

vic·tim [víktim]
(plural vic·tims)
n
1. somebody hurt or killed:

[Encarta ® World English Dictionary

Robert.Evans

It isn't an example of "domestic abuse". This is not addressing your claim that "abuse is most-often not one-sided", which is counter-intuitive.
It depends on your definition of abuse which i have said a trillion times and you will not accept becasue you define it so narrowly. While were at it, go look up victim. You say if two people fight they are not victims? Think again. they are both victims, racially motivated and that is fact.......haha

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
One party behaves toward his or her mate harshly. Badly enough that the one treated thusly wants to flee. HOW is it that both are being victimized? Please explain.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It depends on your definition of abuse which i have said a trillion times and you will not accept becasue you define it so narrowly. While were at it, go look up victim. You say if two people fight they are not victims? Think again. they are both victims, racially motivated and that is fact.......haha
Please define for the argument's sake "abuse" and also "two-sided".

leibowde84

Veteran Member
It's called equality and is why feminists set out to destroy the family. And that is fact and racism all rolled into one haha :p
This statement is incorrect on a variety of levels (see below).

"Feminist theory is one of the major contemporary sociological theories, which analyzes the status of women and men in society with the purpose of using that knowledge to better women's lives. Feminist theorists also question the differences between women, including how race, class, ethnicity, sexuality, nationality, and age intersect with gender. Contemporary sociologistPatricia Hill Collins is known throughout the field for developing, deploying, and popularizing the concept of intersectionality in her theory and research." (http://sociology.about.com/od/Sociological-Theory/a/Feminist-Theory.htm)

Racism (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism)
noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

Draka

Wonder Woman
This has just gone beyond ridiculous.
spock-stupid-hurts.jpg

Robert.Evans

One party behaves toward his or her mate harshly. Badly enough that the one treated thusly wants to flee. HOW is it that both are being victimized? Please explain.
That was not the argument. You are like Churchill. If two people fight, they could, by definition, both be seen as victims. I gave you the definition.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
And one of your example was "verbal" and could easily be seen as an argument. I am not saying it is always that way, I am saying it could be. Don't forget, it is you that is trying to define this on a thin line.
Verbal abuse is not an argument. An argument is when two parties are trying to convince each other they are right. Verbal abuse is when one party tries to force the other to side with them using threats, violence, ridicule, etc. rather than convincing them of the validity of their claim.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That was not the argument. You are like Churchill. If two people fight, they could, by definition, both be seen as victims. I gave you the definition.
You are the one who is assuming there is a fight. There is no fight. Although the one who is being treated harshly might be fighting to stay alive.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Verbal abuse is not an argument. An argument is when two parties are trying to convince each other they are right. Verbal abuse is when one party tries to force the other to side with them using threats, violence, ridicule, etc. rather than convincing them of the validity of their claim.
Verbal abuse is much the infliction of emotionally charged words, berated against another, with the goal being to make the other think less of themselves and make them easier to control. Words like "useless", "worthless", "moron", "ugly", and so on being used repetitively to the point of the destruction of another person's self esteem.

Status
Not open for further replies.