• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are There Any Other Baptists Here?

InChrist

Free4ever
I'm not a Baptist or a part of any denomination. While I don't agree with all of the Baptist stances I probably agree with their major doctrines more than other denominations. Although is seems a lot of Baptist groups are accepting Calvinism recently and I don't think the doctrines of Calvinism are biblical.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe Jesus is Lord, that he was resurrected and that when a person decides to follow him as Lord, he or she should be baptized, so Baptists are the closest to what I believe I think. Is it the Baptists who put up the Bible Hub free Bible study? Does anyone know?

Bible Hub: Search, Read, Study the Bible in Many Languages

Their statement of faith - http://biblehub.com/faithstatement.htm I do not agree with them that the Bible is infallible. I believe the message within it is.

Last edited:

atpollard

While I have no strong denominational affiliation and will 'break bread' with anyone who believes the same basic Christology that saved me ... I was a member of a Southern Baptist church for a while and agreed on all important areas of theology.

(But I know exactly what you mean about feeling alone ... I am so tired of every discussion being about proving the Deity of Christ before you can get on to whatever the opening topic asked about.

Just once I would like to begin a conversation with the assumption of a Triune God and that the Bible is not a collection of mis-translated myths.)