• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there any druids here?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Our prominent resident druid, the aptly named Druidus, seems to be MIA at the moment. This is not my tradition, but I've done much research in it. Do you have a specific question, or more just general interest? :)

Lycan

Preternatural
Actually generalities would suffice at the moment... :)
the basic fundimental beliefs kinda thing

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Stick around, I'll be back on the seventh (next month). As for no, search for Druidry on religioustolerance.com. There are several falsehoods on the site (First and foremost that Druids cannot, in anyway, be monotheistic, in the truest sense of the word), however, be warned. I will do my utmost to reach this site this weekend, in Toronto, to answer your questions.

Lycan, i am sorry I haven't the time to explain Druidry to you, but this weekend, I will march to the gates of hell, if I have to, to respond to you (figuratively ;) ). Gotta go, sorry guys!

Lycan

Preternatural
Lycan, i am sorry I haven't the time to explain Druidry to you, but this weekend, I will march to the gates of hell, if I have to, to respond to you (figuratively ;) ). Gotta go, sorry guys!
waiting patiently.... :)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I have a couple of books on Druidism. I've done a couple of rituals out of them, but I don't follow the Druid religion enough to call myself a Druid.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I have a couple of books on Druidism. I've done a couple of rituals out of them, but I don't follow the Druid religion enough to call myself a Druid.
I would be wary. Oftimes rituals are not really Druidic, and are made up by the author.

Unedited

Druidus said:
I would be wary. Oftimes rituals are not really Druidic, and are made up by the author.
Could you point us towards some resources on Druidism that are trustworthy? :)

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Sure!

For one thing, www.religioustolerance.org has a good section on Druidry, although you can't believe some of the quotes they have. Some of them were from the "Romance" Era of Druidry, when people were becoming "Druids" soley for the romantic, exotic, feel of it. As soon as I get back from school, I'll give you some of my favourite links. ;)

niamhwitch

Celtic Faery Wiccan )O(
"Are there any druids here?"

Well I am not a druid, but my best friend was. He died last Samhain (2004) at the age of 60.