• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Muslims right about Paul?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Its a paraphrase of Psalm 110.

I believe I see no evidence that Jesus is using or paraphrasing that Psalm. I believe the High Priest would have no trouble figuring out what the right hand of power meant but that does not mean that Jesus quoted the name or that the High Priest would think so.

Simplelogic

I believe I see no evidence that Jesus is using or paraphrasing that Psalm. I believe the High Priest would have no trouble figuring out what the right hand of power meant but that does not mean that Jesus quoted the name or that the High Priest would think so.
Then why did the High Priest tear his robes? Remember the Torah prohibits the sons of Aaron from doing such.

Simplelogic

by the way. Almost all scholars agree that Yeshua was quoting Psalm 110 along with Daniel 7:13. The name in the text was NOT "the power". Nor can you find God being referred to this way in the Hebrew scriptures.