• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Muslims protective of their place of abode?

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
In my street there is a block of apartments that are specifically for
religions such as Muslim, Hindu etc. It leads out via a small road to the
other street behind mine. It is a public road, mind you.

Anyways, as I was walking through (to pass to the other street), I heard
yelling behind me "Get out!" One of them was yelling at me for being
in their "teritory". I simply walked on, and turned around to see a muslim
man, of about mid twenties, running after me yelling all kinds of abuse,
and telling me to "come back here F'n *******"..he chased me for about
ten minutes till I managed to lose him.

What I am asking, in general, are Muslims protective of their areas?

Ori

Angel slayer
Not here where I live, they are very friendly and don't mind others coming into their area generally. Many people from the middle east live just around the corner from me and I have never had a problem with any of them.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
orichalcum said:
Not here where I live, they are very friendly and don't mind others coming into their area generally. Many people from the middle east live just around the corner from me and I have never had a problem with any of them.
Ditto.:)

Fluffy

A fool
Anyways, as I was walking through (to pass to the other street), I heard
yelling behind me "Get out!" One of them was yelling at me for being
in their "teritory". I simply walked on, and turned around to see a muslim
man, of about mid twenties, running after me yelling all kinds of abuse,
and telling me to "come back here F'n *******"..he chased me for about
ten minutes till I managed to lose him.
I am curious as to how you were able to determine that the man was a muslim?

Mujahid Mohammed

Assalamu alaikum, (peace be upon you)

As a muslim I find the actions of this person quite disturbing, saying the individual is a true muslim, A true muslim ie. a person who practices the sunnah of the prophet(saw) would never talk to anyone that way. This individual has some serious issues and he should really go home and pray to Allah for forgivness because one of the major things a muslim is graded on at the Day of Judgement is his actions towards other people. A muslim must always show the upmost kindness to others, regardless of how harsh of words or conduct this person exhibits toward him or her. Allah says to give a person 70 excuses as to why they act the way they do before you can fault them. I must apologize to you for this brothers actions and I pray this does not deter you from learning more about Islam or the ways of muslims. And may Allah reward you Renaldo for your patience in dealing with a person who is obviously very sick in the heart.

Jazakala khairon

Mujahid Mohammed

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Mujahid Mohammed said:
Allah says to give a person 70 excuses as to why they act the way they do before you can fault them.
Hi Mujahid Mohammed. :) Could you please elaborate on what that means? I've never heard of that before and it sounds interesting.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Jensa said:
Hi Mujahid Mohammed. :) Could you please elaborate on what that means? I've never heard of that before and it sounds interesting.
Jensa,

I don't like giving up on searches; I must admit this one taxed me......:eek:
The comment relates to "hadith"
Inflected Form(s): plural hadith or hadiths
Usage: often capitalized
Etymology: Arabic hadIth, literally, speech, report
1 : a narrative record of the sayings or customs of Muhammad and his companions
2 : the collective body of traditions relating to Muhammad and his companions

Source :- http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Questions/QA00000211.aspx
The Rules of Backbiting
(Ibn Qudama's Abridgement of al-Ghazali's Ihya Ulum al-Din)
Ghibah of the heart

To think the worst of Muslims. You may not think badly of a Muslim unless you have definite knowledge of his having done something evil, and there is no possible excuse or justification for him. You should try to make 70 excuses for your brother, and if you cannot find an excuse for him, look for some flaw in your perception. If someone informs you of something bad about someone else, it is obligatory upon you to investigate the matter. Is there some enmity between the informer and the one he is telling you about? You are obliged to think the best of your Muslim brother/sister. Thwart Satan by making du`a for the person. Do not spy on your brother, under the pretext of trying to find out the truth. If it does turn out that he has done something wrong, then advise him in secret.:)

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
To answer the question, yes he is a Muslim. One thing that gave it away is that they had
written "Allah is God", and before hand one had told me not to forget my two rak’ah
twice a day.

Fluffy

A fool
To answer the question, yes he is a Muslim. One thing that gave it away is that they had
written "Allah is God", and before hand one had told me not to forget my two rak’ah
twice a day.
Lol okay that makes sense. It just seemed odd to be aware of the religion of someone attacking you down an ally.

Mujahid Mohammed

Jensa said:
Assalamu alaikum,(Peace be upon you) To answer the question on the statement I made Allah says give a person 70 excuses it means there are a number of seen and unseen elements effecting one mood, or physical and spritual condition. So give that person 70 reasons as to why he is behaving that way, Maybe his dog died, maybe he got very little sleep, maybe him or her's significant other is mad at them, maybe he or she lost her job, maybe one of their family members is being shipped off to war, it is very difficult to try and come up with 70 excuses for a person. By the time you are finished you have a whole lot of reasons good and extremely bad why this person can be behaving in this manner and it makes you a little more understanding and patient to people. and if one of the reasons could be one of the worst reason wouldn't you like it if someone was kind and understanding to you in one of your moments of extreme emotion. This hadith points out the extreme importance of Sabr(patience) in all aspects of a muslims life especially when dealing with other people. I hope this clarifies some of the meaning. If more is needed please do not hesitate to ask if I do not know I will get the answer insha Allah. May Allah forgive me if I made any mistakes in my statement and realize if there are any mistakes it is from shaiton or myself. Alhumdullilah(praise be to Allah)

Salam

Mujahid

Mujahid Mohammed

michel said:
Jensa,

I don't like giving up on searches; I must admit this one taxed me......:eek:
The comment relates to "hadith"
Inflected Form(s): plural hadith or hadiths
Usage: often capitalized
Etymology: Arabic hadIth, literally, speech, report
1 : a narrative record of the sayings or customs of Muhammad and his companions
2 : the collective body of traditions relating to Muhammad and his companions

Source :- http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Questions/QA00000211.aspx
The Rules of Backbiting
(Ibn Qudama's Abridgement of al-Ghazali's Ihya Ulum al-Din)
Ghibah of the heart

To think the worst of Muslims. You may not think badly of a Muslim unless you have definite knowledge of his having done something evil, and there is no possible excuse or justification for him. You should try to make 70 excuses for your brother, and if you cannot find an excuse for him, look for some flaw in your perception. If someone informs you of something bad about someone else, it is obligatory upon you to investigate the matter. Is there some enmity between the informer and the one he is telling you about? You are obliged to think the best of your Muslim brother/sister. Thwart Satan by making du`a for the person. Do not spy on your brother, under the pretext of trying to find out the truth. If it does turn out that he has done something wrong, then advise him in secret.:)
Assalamu alaikum My dear respected brother If I am to understand you correctly this is a law concerning backbiting Do not spy on your brother what do you mean, The message I was trying to convey was if that person who offended the informer and in fact was a muslim which only Allah knows. Try and have more patience and understanding of the individual not to caste blame and cause hatred between the two. Allah rewards the patient(Sabr).

Assalamu alaikum

Mujahid

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Mujahid Mohammed said:
Assalamu alaikum My dear respected brother If I am to understand you correctly this is a law concerning backbiting Do not spy on your brother what do you mean, The message I was trying to convey was if that person who offended the informer and in fact was a muslim which only Allah knows. Try and have more patience and understanding of the individual not to caste blame and cause hatred between the two. Allah rewards the patient(Sabr).

Assalamu alaikum

Mujahid
Assalamu alaikum, Mujahid,

Thank you for explaining the difference;

Assalamu alaikum:)

Mujahid Mohammed

Wa laikum salam wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuh(may the peace mercy and blessings of Allah be with you)

Jazakalahu khairon

Mujahid