• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are forums taking the freedom of speech away and discussion.

RESOLUTION

This is a general question it applies to all and not individual forums.
Is the freedom of speech being removed by the few affecting the freedom of many,
It is political correctness gone mad?

I have noticed how forums have removed the freedom to question faiths who make a fuss in the media.
Even certain subjects have been made taboo if the speech does not fit in with the enforced political correctness
of what is seen or considered to be right.

What happens if this allows tyranny that takes away all freedom of every person and removed every religion
and belief and in effect brings a forced communism which kills the weak allowing only the strong to survive?

Where is the real freedom of speech? Is it in the diverse beliefs of all people as individuals without doing any harm to others?

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
One is always free to speak one's mind.

That does not mean there are no consequences for speaking one's mind.

The best thing to do on any forum is to adhere to its terms of service. The forum does have a right to ban anyone breaking those rules.

RESOLUTION

One is always free to speak one's mind.

That does not mean there are no consequences for speaking one's mind.

The best thing to do on any forum is to adhere to its terms of service. The forum does have a right to ban anyone breaking those rules.

I don't agree... No one can always feel free to speak their mind.. Even on this forum it has been made for those of that faith in most subjects.
You cannot speak your mind because of political correctness now telling what to think and what is right and wrong.
I guess you are talking about people breaking forum rules but this thread is about freedom of speech and when that speech becomes no longer free. Surely, you are not suggesting that forums ban people because they do not accept freedom of speech. How can a subject be a debate or discussed fully, if you cannot discuss all aspects?

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
How can a subject be a debate or discussed fully, if you cannot discuss all aspects?

To what extent are you referring "freedom of speech"? Do you mean being belligerent, referring to name calling, cursing, etc?

So long as the conversation remains civil, anyone is allowed to speak his mind freely.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Is the freedom of speech being removed by the few affecting the freedom of many,

I have noticed how forums have removed the freedom to question faiths who make a fuss in the media.
Even certain subjects have been made taboo if the speech does not fit in with the enforced political correctness

What happens if this allows tyranny that takes away all freedom of every person and removed every religion
and belief and in effect brings a forced communism which kills the weak allowing only the strong to survive?

Where is the real freedom of speech? Is it in the diverse beliefs of all people as individuals without doing any harm to others?

First stages of ochlocracy, mob rule. Riots, Protests dictating policy. From this arises a monarchy or dictatorship.

Kyklos - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

On All forums Ive been to and seen freedom of speech attacked it has Always been the bias and views of the moderator(s) rather than a joint decision and discussion among the people who come to the sites Ive been on since 2000 something.

I wouldnt say you loose freedom of speech. You can say whatever. Just there forums are political correct. In minor cases its legal. But I havent ran across that often. Another is newbie watch. So I wouldnt say its lack of freedom of speech but lack of communication on what "speech" is appropriate without assuming everyone around the world understands written words the same way or not thinking some arent native english speakers. (Reminds me of the bible issues).

idav

Being
Premium Member
I sometimes think of this question in the context of another forum I am aware of that allows religion. However they go through every post before making it public, if they don't like the post it never hits the light of day. There is no freedom in forums, a great many forums I have encountered don't even like controversy and as such don't allow religion or politics. This forum is a bastion of freedom in comparison.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

The fact you are free to speak your mind doesn't mean that others have to provide an avenue to you.