• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Denominations Godly?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
If a man is an avowed homosexual and is not repentant of his sin, he is not saved.
That's an extremely black-and-white answer to an extremely grey question and quite judgmental, I might add. Perhaps you need not remain unrepentant of your judgmentalism...

uss_bigd

But where is it written that life is fair?

Life is not fair, my point is it will be on judgment day.

And why are we looking at this from "even a sane human being's perspective?" Are we not supposed to be learning to look at life from God's perspective?

I guess you prefer to look at things at an insane human perspective?:D

God's perspective is justice... read the bible.

What do you suppose it is that separates (makes sacred, or holy) the righteous from the unrighteous? All of us sin, and all of us commit sins intentionally -- even those of us who are saved.

You serious? i thought you were learned .... The difference between murder and manslaughter proves that there is a difference between intentional murder and murder of passion ....

if you do not agree, talk to my lawyer....

What separates us -- makes us holy -- is not some ineffable favor of God (for God favors all of us equally), but the very fact that it is us who share God's help, hospitality and mercy with our enemies -- with the unmerciful. We can only do that in community with them.

The Verse supplied clearly said do not yoke yourself with unbelievers, i have more verses to show, but whats the point? i don't think there is enough room in your head for for information ... or is there?:D

The Church was never meant to be a country club for saints. We have to get in there and get our hands dirty with the unrighteous, even as God has gotten in there and gotten dirty with humanity by becoming dirty for us.

ooops, you are biblically incorrect

Romans 15:25
Now, however, I am on my way to Jerusalem in the service of the saints there.

*Paul served the saints in Jerusalem he said and

1 Tim 2:12

But: I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

*This doesn't sound like a woman taught to intentionally usurp her husbands authority right here ...

BTW, we are not saved from sin. We are saved from the death that sin brings.

saved from sins ... because it brings forth spiritual death ...