• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are believers Worshiping Satan in Gods disguise?

morphesium

For about a thousand years, Science advanced much more in Muslim countries than in Europe, our numbers are Arabic numerals, for God's sake, where do you come up with this nonsense, have you even read about the History of Islam???

Arabic or Indo-Arabic or Hindu-Arabic. It had their origins in Indian Subcontinent. The Muslims - being traders did play a big role in introducing this to other parts of the world.
I do agree that there were great thinkers in the Arabic world, scientists and mathematicians. I had gone through a book ( and a 4-part video series) concerning the history of mathematics and in it talks about the contribution of mathematics by the Arab world (algebra, algorithm etc, ) and I am really thankful to them. I do agree that they too have contributed in sowing the seeds of modern science.

Thanks to the Prophet Mohammad instructions, people were brushing their teeth and washing their ***, regular bathing etc 1400 years ago, Europeans by comparison were barbarians at the time.

For me I do find much of the acts of the said Prophet Mohammad amoral. It was christianity ( religion) that kept Europe in dark ages during the medivial ages. Talk about the sun at the center of the solar system and the priest would say "he is talking against the bible, burn him alive".
But what about now. Now we can say theory of Evolution is right and everybody knows this to be true. People here believe in science rather than religion. Just think of the scientific advancement that were made possible in a mere 100 years. Unfortunately, it seems it is the Muslim world that is in darkages now. ISIS, much of world terrorism, and so on. I believe it is just religion that is crippling your thoughts, that make people from realizing the truth and accepting science.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
If you think Muslims are in the dark ages you've never studied or visited a modern Muslim country, would you say Qatar is in the dark ages, ISIS maybe, but not Muslims.

Believing in science and religion is not an either or proposition, religion is about spirituality and your soul, science offers no substitute for religion, they are not even addressing the same issues, I'm of the opinion that religion should not outright contradict science, if the science is truly accurate. Evolution is a theory, not an established fact, in the sense when it says that nature created itself with no external positive influence from God. That has not been proven, it is quite possible if there was no influence of God that we'd all be bits and pieces of atoms flying around in nothingness, with no order whatsoever. Since you haven't proven that God had no influence whatsoever upon the evolutionary process, how can you possibly claim that science is superior to religion, its not one or the other, they both address different issues and coexist just fine, you have your own religion, a religion of denial, hope that works for you!!

morphesium

What about Slavery and child marriages?

Islam goal was ending slavery, and it encouraged this by taking it step by step. What about child marriages? When Islam came it was the norm of people marrying early. In the Eighteenth century, the legal age to marry was 12. Islam was there since 1400 years ago and it was sent for people of all ages. But that doesn't mean you should always marry at such an early age. There is a rule in Islam that says what is socially accepted is what is Islamically accepted,, unless it goes against Islam.

What were the ages of Mohammed and Aaesha when they married?

ISIS are people who have their own agenda and use Islam to justify their acts. They have nothing to do with Islam.
Unfortunatly there are very many sentences in Quran that these people believe are supporting their barbaric acts.

Standing against science is a mistake people shouldn't do. If things were truly from God, science would help prove that.

I agree with this. Even if it is otherwise, science will prove what is right . prove the truth.

I am not knowledgeable about Raif Badawi case but I am not a supporter of that.
Raif Badawi is a Saudi Arabian writer and activist and the creator of the website Free Saudi Liberals. He made a few suggestions to refine Islam and ironically he is jailed and punished with lashes.

Satan is not the winner. People who are truly following the teachings of the scriptures make Satan the biggest loser.

I repeat, people's actions are always based on their intentions. If you are a peaceful person, your judiasim,Christianity, Hinduism, or Buddhism will be peaceful. If you are a violent person, you will be violent no matter what your religion was.

People's intentions and motivation are all that is behind the violence. Not religion.

Just imagine this => there are sentences in the Bible that supports geocentric theory - that earth is at the center of the universe. When some great men realized that the sun is at the center of the solar system, they were burn alive because the chruch said to burn them and the people supported it. why, because for them, they were convinced that these people were speaking against "God" and has to be evil. If the bible didn't had such a sentence, those great men would have left free - left free to do further research. Now ofcourse we can talk about evolution, and everthing scientific even if it is against the bible - because now people knows the truth - to take the facts on scientific grounds rather than on the basis of religion. It is Religion that propelled Europe to dark ages. Religion is a curse.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Just as some misinterpretations of religion can be a curse, the world is suffering the curse of unregulated science advances, so in essence while some science is beneficial just like religion, a lot of science is a curse, otherwise we wouldn't have global warming, horrible pollution, and horrible wars with massive casualties made possible only by scientific advances in weapon manufacture. Your saviour science is a false prophet, who destroys as much as he creates.....

morphesium

If God did this, than your question would be why did he do it all at once. Or maybe why did God need a book. Or why did God not ......?

There are many theories and concepts in science and mathematics that made its origins separately (isolated from one another and without knowing each other.) at two or more different places almost simultaneously or at different times. Only the truth can come out this way. since, science is about knowing nature, searching for knowledge, it is in fact searching for the truth. The truth about us, about or origins, about our surroundings, about the universe and so on. If the same religion came all at once across all cultures (at least a few - even two ), I would have believed that particular religion was the truth. Never did such a thing happened.

The point is the same people will have the same "but why" question in all cases.
that is the only way we can realize words from god from that of satans. the only way to be closer to god. the only way to keep our ever increasing morals.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
For about a thousand years, Science advanced much more in Muslim countries than in Europe, our numbers are Arabic numerals, for God's sake, where do you come up with this nonsense, have you even read about the History of Islam???

Thanks to the Prophet Mohammad instructions, people were brushing their teeth and washing their ***, regular bathing etc 1400 years ago, Europeans by comparison were barbarians at the time.
So...

What the Fornication Under Consent of the King happened?

McBell

If you think Muslims are in the dark ages you've never studied or visited a modern Muslim country, would you say Qatar is in the dark ages, ISIS maybe, but not Muslims.
I agree.

Evolution is a theory, not an established fact, in the sense when it says that nature created itself with no external positive influence from God.
You were doing good until you said this.
Evolution is not about the beginning of life.
That would be abiogenesis.
Outside the wishful thinking of believers, there is nothing to indicate that any "god" was involved.

That has not been proven, it is quite possible if there was no influence of God that we'd all be bits and pieces of atoms flying around in nothingness, with no order whatsoever. Since you haven't proven that God had no influence whatsoever upon the evolutionary process, how can you possibly claim that science is superior to religion, its not one or the other, they both address different issues and coexist just fine, you have your own religion, a religion of denial, hope that works for you!!
I do not have to prove that an unproven entity had no influence on evolution.
It is on those who claim that their favoured unproven entity did have an influence on evolution.

Of course, they will have to start by showing their god actually exists.
THEN they would need to show that it had an influence.

Science is superior to religion in a great many ways.
Just as religion is superior to science in some ways.

I mean, I have lost count of the number of members who have said that without their belief in their religion and fear of their god they would be out murdering and raping non-stop.

McBell

Just as some misinterpretations of religion can be a curse, the world is suffering the curse of unregulated science advances, so in essence while some science is beneficial just like religion, a lot of science is a curse, otherwise we wouldn't have global warming, horrible pollution, and horrible wars with massive casualties made possible only by scientific advances in weapon manufacture. Your saviour science is a false prophet, who destroys as much as he creates.....
ROTFLMAO

One wonders how you can justify being on an internet forum since science is so evil....