• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Bees Fish?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Before going all crazy let's try to look at this rationally. The intent of that law was clearly to protect all endangered animals. Not just mammals. Not just land critters (highly technical biological term) but all animals. They forgot to include endangered insects as a category. But look at the "fish" category. Mollusks and crustaceans are no more "fish" than bumblebees are. And there is a general grouping for invertebrates. Bumblebees are invertebrates so in keeping with the spirit of the law, which is more important by far than the letter of the law, bumblebees qualify as "fish" for this law only.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Before going all crazy let's try to look at this rationally. The intent of that law was clearly to protect all endangered animals. Not just mammals. Not just land critters (highly technical biological term) but all animals. They forgot to include endangered insects as a category. But look at the "fish" category. Mollusks and crustaceans are no more "fish" than bumblebees are. And there is a general grouping for invertebrates. Bumblebees are invertebrates so in keeping with the spirit of the law, which is more important by far than the letter of the law, bumblebees qualify as "fish" for this law only.

Reading the article made me agree with the intent, whatever hoops had to be jumped through due to the legislative wording.

Oh yeah, no, I absolutely agree with the decision to classify them as fish in this instance. Whatever it takes for us to protect the species that are endangered is a go for me.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
bumblebee-goby-600x450.jpg

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
'Yeah, nah'...is a very common Australian habit. You're not secretly one of God's chosen, are you mate??

But between this, and when I correctly translated UK English slang word (nowt) for @ChristineM ... I should probably let you guys know I've always had a knack for languages, lingo and slang. I get frequent comments on my foreign pronunciations too (by natives).