• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are anti gay opinons tolerated at R.F.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Do you have any more questions, Lost Soul? I'll be happy to address any you have about forum policy concerning bigotry or any other posting matters.

Lost Soul

Jensa said:
Do you have any more questions, Lost Soul? I'll be happy to address any you have about forum policy concerning bigotry or any other posting matters.

I just want answers to the ones asked, thank you.

turk179

I smell something....
Lost Soul said:
Who said anything about murdering anyone?
That was a direct response to your op. When you can answer Jensa's question then you will have an answer to your own.

standing_alone

I'm only asking why opinions that are anti-gay are not allowed here?

For one thing, you need to define what anti-gay is... If it is blatant homophobia and/or bigotry, than it shouldn't be allowed - if it's someone's mere religious objection to homosexuality or extention of marriage to same-sex partners, it's usually tolereated (when stated in a non-derogatory manner). ....At least from what I've witnessed.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Lost Soul said:
I don't care if its a "sin" or not. I want to know why someone can't call homosexuality an illness here at R.F.?
I only put the "sin" comment in there in case that was your next objection. My first sentence still stands. Homosexuality doesn't hurt anyone whereas child molestation does. One isn't "sick" just because one is different from the norm.

Why don't you define what you consider to be an "illness."

Yerda

Veteran Member
Lost Soul said:
Calling someone who has an opinion an idiot is friendly?:confused:
I understand you're having fun playing the stirring game. I know. I've done it. Have fun.

BTW, I didn't call you an idiot. I consider relegating the desire to f**k someone, love someone, or get married to someone who happens to share the same genitals as yourself to mental disorder to be backward idiocy.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Lost Soul said:
Who said anything about murdering anyone?
I did, when we brought up the issues of opinions.

Are you asking about RF's policy on anti-gay opinions, or are you debating the "atmosphere", so to speak, for anti-gay bigotry at this forum?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Lost Soul: What if someone truly believes that gays are mental cases?
Lost Soul: I want to know why someone can't call homosexuality an illness here at R.F.?

You've said twice that you aren't asking if homosexuality is a sin.

You state in the OP that you are wondering why adverse opinions about homosexuality are not tolerated and then you say comments like the two above. What are you getting at?

Lost Soul

standing_alone said:
For one thing, you need to define what anti-gay is... If it is blatant homophobia and/or bigotry, than it shouldn't be allowed - if it's someone's mere religious objection to homosexuality or extention of marriage to same-sex partners, it's usually tolereated (when stated in a non-derogatory manner). ....At least from what I've witnessed.

Good point. What I mean by anti-gay is to hold an opinion or belief that would go against the belief that homosexuality is a normal psychological state of mind and not a form of mental disorder.

turk179

I smell something....
Your question is-
Lost Soul said:
Are anti gay opinions tolerated here at R.F.?
The answer is yes, as long as you don't break the forum rules. There is a big difference in telling someone that you think homosexuality is wrong and insulting someone or their beliefs and calling names like crazy and twisted. If you don't agree with homosexuality then that is fine. Tell us why it is wrong but no name calling or insults.

Read the forum rules and this will be a short thread, for all your questions will then be answered.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
When did I say that gays were mentally ill? Please quote me or apologize.

Where did Jaiket call people with an opinion idiots? Get off your high horse.

You're free to think or express whatever you want as long as you don't personally attack. You can say homosexuality is an illness or sickness, but don't you think for one second that you're not going to be asked to back your statements up or refuted.

Lost Soul

jamaesi said:
Where did Jaiket call people with an opinion idiots? Get off your high horse.

You're free to think or express whatever you want as long as you don't personally attack. You can say homosexuality is an illness or sickness, but don't you think for one second that you're not going to be asked to back your statements up or refuted.

Calm down Jamaesi.:kissbette Once again, when did I say that homosexuality is a illness?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Exactly. I think I said that. You can have an opinion on whether you think being gay is right or wrong. But if you are going to 'imply' that gays are psychologically abnormal then you'd better have proof to back it up.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Lost Soul said:
Calm down Jamaesi.:kissbette Once again, when did I say that homosexuality is a illness?

You keep implying that very fact. Do you or don't you think it is a mental illness? Quit playing games.

turk179

I smell something....
Lost Soul said:
Do you think we can get back to the original point and reply to the posts that have answered your questions.

Lost Soul

Buttercup said:
Exactly. I think I said that. You can have an opinion on whether you think being gay is right or wrong. But if you are going to 'imply' that gays are psychologically abnormal then you'd better have proof to back it up.

"Imply"? Not at all. I only want my orginal question answered.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
-mod-

I'm locking this thread to give people time to cool down and to wait for other mods to come online to discuss it. Let's take a deep breath, shall we?

-mod-

Pah

Uber all member
Lost Soul said:
... I only want my orginal question answered.
As I understand it the original quesion was "Are anti gay opinions tolerated here at R.F.?" Officially, we allow the discusussion and debate of ideas as long the thread remains civil. Realistically, there is little toleration for anti-gay thoughts from many of our members. We find the arguments presented as "anti-gay" to be born of ignorance or hate. Willfull ignorance is often included with hate in what we call homophobia.

So bring it on. This thread has now answered your question and will remain closed. If you want to argue the point of "mental illness" feel free to do so in another thread. But be prepared for strong argument and facts of the sanity of same-gender sex. Thereafter, I might add, continued ignorance of the positions of all the physcological medical organiztions will be termed homophobic.

Status
Not open for further replies.