• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aquino's Temple of Set books Vol I + II

DanielR

Hey,

do these books also contain instructions on how to perform Ritual Magick?

I was considering buying them, do they explain how to practice Setianism or is it more about the philosophy and history of Setianism?

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Hey,

do these books also contain instructions on how to perform Ritual Magick?

I was considering buying them, do they explain how to practice Setianism or is it more about the philosophy and history of Setianism?

Not at all. Mostly these are historical documents, attempts to explain Setian thought, and also copies of the "Word of Set", excerpts of The Book of the Law, and documents about the establishment of the group. Save your money, as I believe these are available as free PDF on Aquino's own site if I am not mistaken. I think they're good references just not for the type of information you are looking for.

Correction: You USED to be able to download these. I guess he is in for the cash grab now. :) They are only on Amazon, but I would imagine the old PDFs are available somewhere else on the net because they had been up so long.

DanielR

Cool thanks, I was considering practicing it, I know you are not very fond of Thelema :D but I'm kinda doing the rituals now, there's a lot of good stuff available, but I just cannot find anything on ritual magick concerning the temple of set :( since I would prefer the LHP.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Cool thanks, I was considering practicing it, I know you are not very fond of Thelema :D but I'm kinda doing the rituals now, there's a lot of good stuff available, but I just cannot find anything on ritual magick concerning the temple of set :( since I would prefer the LHP.

There really is no specific LHP method of doing magick. Pick whatever floats your boat.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Thelema is actually Godless, and other that some of the notions in The Book of The Law it is dogma-less. But, anyway... RHP or not... It the methods used are largely the same. So you can study Crowley to learn magic... or whatever... it really doesn't matter.... Are there right and left handed hammers? They are just tools.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Don Webb's Seven Faces of Darkness has a lot of ritual work in it, though I always recommend just making your own.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Not at all. Mostly these are historical documents, attempts to explain Setian thought, and also copies of the "Word of Set", excerpts of The Book of the Law, and documents about the establishment of the group. Save your money, as I believe these are available as free PDF on Aquino's own site if I am not mistaken. I think they're good references just not for the type of information you are looking for.

Correction: You USED to be able to download these. I guess he is in for the cash grab now. :) They are only on Amazon, but I would imagine the old PDFs are available somewhere else on the net because they had been up so long.
I've heard he's been diagnosed with terminal cancer, so he might be preparing for some hefty medical bills. :/

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I've heard he's been diagnosed with terminal cancer, so he might be preparing for some hefty medical bills. :/

I've heard of this as well. But, I think these are the type of book mostly only Setians really care about. ;) I couldn't imagine it being a very popular book in the first place other than with a select audience.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member

I have heard that Dr. Aquino is worth a few million dollars. I don't think money is on his mind. In regards to his diagnosis of terminal cancer, I have heard this as well and my thoughts and blessings are with him.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
None of his books are available as pdf's from this site anymore. Just saying... :)

Why should someone reap rewards for their own work, right? As far as I'm concerned based on your ignorance of the religion and your obvious, aggressive biases you've show you should not even be welcome in this sub, let's try being big boys, Ok?