• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aqualung's Baptism

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Congratulations
It's really nice when people take the plunge!

Terry

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
TheJedi said:
good for you aqua! semper fidelis and may the force be with you! :jam: :bounce
Just noticed Thats my family motto.

Terry

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
So I was essentially just a Christian..
Thats what I am just a Christian, since you have been baptized what are you now..Do you see a difference if so why..
Aqualung said:
1) A teacher I had challenged me to actually read the book of mormon instead of spouting all that anti stuff. He told me that I should read it and see what it was really all about. So I did, and I learned through prayer and logical thinking that it was true.
2) I came from a very mixed (though christian) background. We went to the lutheran church until I was about a 6th grader, then we started jumping around. So I was essentially just christian.

Aqualung

Tasty
glasgowchick said:
Thats what I am just a Christian, since you have been baptized what are you now..Do you see a difference if so why..
I see it as a difference because now I'm not just blindy wandering around beleiving that Christ is my saviour. Now, I know what He wants from me, and I know how to do that. I'm not a blindly wandering christian anymore, but a christian who has a purpose and knows exactly where to go.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Aqualung said:
I see it as a difference because now I'm not just blindy wandering around beleiving that Christ is my saviour. Now, I know what He wants from me, and I know how to do that. I'm not a blindly wandering christian anymore, but a christian who has a purpose and knows exactly where to go.
I am happy for you. I suppose I am 'just' a Christian; that's fine with me - a lot to try and live up to though.;)

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Aqualung said:

Thankyou.. :)