• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aqualung's Baptism

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's official! :shout Today, Aqualung officially became LDS! Having turned 18 last month, she was baptized today, and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. :bounce

This announcement should elicit groans and heartfelt condolences from some, but cheers and enthusiastic congratulations from others. I know she has studied the religion seriously for quite some time (a year and a half or more, unless I'm mistaken) and was really looking forward to taking the plunge! :D

Congratulations, Aqualung! I couldn't be happier for you! :woohoo:

Kathryn

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Congratulations, Aqualung, I am very happy for you;The beginning of the rest of your life - I wish you the very best.:woohoo: :woohoo:

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Congrats, Aqualung! :woohoo:

I second SoyLeche--tell us about it! :D I love to hear about others' religious experiences.

jonny

Congratulations, Aqualung! This will be a day that you will remember for the rest of your life. I, like the others, can't wait to hear about it.

Aqualung

Tasty
Well, I just got back from the baptism. It was really cool. They held it after the sacrament meeting. We drove down to the stake centre to do it. I was really nervous at the beginning because I was worried I wouldn't do it right. But the missionaries took me and told me what I had to do, and it went well. The guy who did my baptism had only been baptised about 2 months ago, and had even more recently been conferred the Aaronic priethood, so that was really neat to have him do the baptism. A combination of the fact that I was overly nervous and excited and the fact that the guy had never done a baptism made it so that they had to do me twice. If you don't get completely submerged the first time, they have to do it all again. So they did me twice. The didn't give me the holy ghost (I still don't know the appropriate phrase for that). They like to do it at the sacrament meeting so that everyone knows you're a new memeber. I'm looking forward to that too, especially because of the talk one of the girls in the ward gave on the holy ghost. Anyway, that's about it. Any questions?
:woohoo:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Aqualung said:
Well, I just got back from the baptism. It was really cool. They held it after the sacrament meeting. We drove down to the stake centre to do it. I was really nervous at the beginning because I was worried I wouldn't do it right. But the missionaries took me and told me what I had to do, and it went well. The guy who did my baptism had only been baptised about 2 months ago, and had even more recently been conferred the Aaronic priethood, so that was really neat to have him do the baptism. A combination of the fact that I was overly nervous and excited and the fact that the guy had never done a baptism made it so that they had to do me twice. If you don't get completely submerged the first time, they have to do it all again. So they did me twice. The didn't give me the holy ghost (I still don't know the appropriate phrase for that). They like to do it at the sacrament meeting so that everyone knows you're a new memeber. I'm looking forward to that too, especially because of the talk one of the girls in the ward gave on the holy ghost. Anyway, that's about it. Any questions?
:woohoo:
Oh sure! Post right when I'm ready to go to bed. Anyway, congrats! And I'll catch up with you tomorrow.

Aqualung

Tasty
Katzpur said:
Oh sure! Post right when I'm ready to go to bed. Anyway, congrats! And I'll catch up with you tomorrow.
Hey, it's not my fault you're a whole time zone ahead of me, and our ward happens to have the latest church service in the building.

Aqualung

Tasty
robtex said:
Congradulations. Two questions please:

1) What prompted you to pursue this particular faith
2) what faith did you come from?
1) A teacher I had challenged me to actually read the book of mormon instead of spouting all that anti stuff. He told me that I should read it and see what it was really all about. So I did, and I learned through prayer and logical thinking that it was true.
2) I came from a very mixed (though christian) background. We went to the lutheran church until I was about a 6th grader, then we started jumping around. So I was essentially just christian.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I am glab you found a path that is right for you. I can say life will have a whole new meaning to it, or at least it did for me.

Aqualung

Tasty
I got confirmed a member yesterday. That's where they do the laying on of hands to give you the gift of the holy ghost, and they also give you a blessing. My blessing was really good, about being a light and an example to my family so they might be led to the Church. It was really cool and it made me feel really good to have that sort of blessing on me.